Free Member
Mar 22, 2010
Forest of Dean, Glos
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
New end of March 2010
One of the main reasons I attended Prestwold was that it stated that it was going to raise funds for Help the Heroes fund, fantastic cause. I was extremely disappointed when they announced that they were going to donate £1500 to the fund. Considering there were thousands of vans and people there it works out at 50p or less per person. I would have preferred to not attend and donate my £49 direct to the fund. The profit that is made at these shows would surely have allowed a larger donation from a very successful and profitable company.

This was my second meet and didnt touch Newbury Show, sadly couldnt park with other Funsters, which would have made all the difference, but the facilities were poor with so few showers that were often quite dirty and the toilets were blue dirty lagoons that I refused to use. Newbury was so clean and I probably expected all shows would be of a same standard. Mentioned it to staff but they didnt want to know, considering thousands of people with a maximum of 12 showers total, often running cold water did not make clean living. Elsen's were overflowing and parked into tight spots so that you could hardly move around motorhome. Is this the norm at meeting and were we just lucky at Newbury.

Moan of the day over and I will keep smiling ::bigsmile:

Nannyjan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Agree with everything you say nannyJan.... I left early. Being so far apart from everyone made it impossible to keep in touch, especially in the bad weather on the Saturday....

The Elsan was so full to overflowing that you actually had to walk in the sewage water on my field and I was constantly squirting my soles of my shoes with Dettol before walking in them... yuk!

The show was nothing different as far as I was concerned apart from some brilliant trikes for sale ... which I couldn't afford. The Friday night entertainment was really good but I just didn't get inspired at all on the Saturday.

The warders didn't know where anything was and so I stopped asking for directions in the end... one couldn't even point me in the direction of how to LEAVE when I came away.... The disabled facilities in Dellwood's field were NIL and it was impossible to push Barbara's wheelchair to the meet up on the Friday. The language from some of the younger helpers walking round was disgusting ..... it was a family show not a nightclub in Manchester....

Sorry, that too was my moan over...:Blush:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
I also agree that they need to rethink this new show, its not a patch on their usual shows and facilities for those that use them were next to nil. They should of left the midsummer festival at lincoln where the ground and roadway connections and facilities are great with proper permanent toilet and shower facilities etc. When they rehashed the shows the other year they should of left the show at lincoln alone, to my mind they have tried to recreate it at Prestwold and fell really short.

as an aside nannyjan usually if you have a club allocation you have plenty of room but if you havent booked with a club the parking is the same as this last weekend

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scran

Free Member
Jan 22, 2008
washington
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
I agree with everything that s been said we arrived half an hour late thursday night to be told come back in the morning at 8 o clock we got back at 4 mins to 8 to be told to go away and come back in 4 mins told him to get notted argued for 2 mins then he rang for someone from warner s who came and opened the gate 1 min to 8 jobs worth hes lucky i didn t smack him

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Movan I to drooled over the trikes I fell in love with the bright orange second hand one there:thumb:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Yep It was nice wasn't it. I liked the maroon one. I had seen it before .... they had it at the last show. It made me road tax mine today .:RollEyes:

(and the bloke in the cowboy hat wasn't bad either:ROFLMAO:)

tick59

Free Member
Dec 25, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
"Since 2005"
Yep It was nice wasn't it. I liked the maroon one. I had seen it before .... they had it at the last show. It made me road tax mine today .:RollEyes:

(and the bloke in the cowboy hat wasn't bad either:ROFLMAO:)

OI missus, hope you're not talking about my hubby, just coz I let you sit on his knee for your photo:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Chris

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:No Honest honest honest.....

The bloke selling the trikes..... :thumb:

Boadicea

Free Member
Mar 1, 2008
Stockport
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Great Escape

I had never been to one of these before and as I was on my own until the Saturday I found I did not know anyone anywhere! I agree with all thats been said about the elsan, showers etc. You could not empty your waste either. Had to empty it on the way home because everytime I went around a corner I left a trail of water. I enjoyed Abba B in the evening although it was very cold. Would like to go again if they improve the facilities.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Boadicia you should have come and found me... we could have been on our own together...

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
Are these the same people organizing the Northern show at Knutsford? Has it been held there before and are the facilities likely to be any better? I'm going to have to use the shower/toilet facilities and I'd rather not have to bail out early if things get as bad :pray:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Bringing to the top for you Neil cos I don't know the answer.... but I think it will be no it is not the same people..... They all seemed local to my mind.:Smile:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
at the midsummer getaway i think some of the young ones were workers of the estate, not really noticed a lot of young ones as rally attendants at the usual shows, and at other shows toilet/ shower facilites usually have had at least 3 toilets/showers to a block, they are still mobile units but have never noticed a problem before like was experienced at prestwold. It was a first show there and at first the only facilities where we were was a water tap but by Saturday we had toilets and elson delivered to our area, then they moved the water tap to halfway down the camping area

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Rest assured this is not the norm for the big shows..
usually toilet and elsan points are excellent .. :thumb:

As for taking water home.. errrr... ooops !!

As I was about to pull away the handle on my dump valve got snagged on an outcrop..
By the time I realised what had happened all the water had fallen out ! :Eeek:

And do you know what.. There must have been an awful lot of sticky uppy bits as every other van right along the row I was on had the same problem :Doh: ::bigsmile:

After all, it is only grey water and it was just a fallow field we was on !!

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Well we had a great time, must have been to a different show we went to::bigsmile: Evening entertainment was excellent. Never used the toilets but the wife did, and she said they were good, and she's very fussy where she parks her bum. :ROFLMAO:

Olley

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Where were you hiding ollie at prestwold with the group of rvs near the campong field or with the rvs at the back of the disabled field along from the trade stands

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back