Prescriptions when abroad (1 Viewer)

Nov 30, 2008
Funster No
I am going abroad for 6 months in my motorhome asked doctor how long I could have on repeat prescription he said 2-3 months no more.
Anyone got round this.

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
My doctor will give me 3 months.

Says its the maximum allowed.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I used to get 6 month prescriptions,then they knocked me down to 3 months.Now since changing my doctor he will only give 2 months.
You can get your prescriptions dispensed in Spain,but am not sure if you have to pay.I used to fly home for a few days.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I am going abroad for 6 months in my motorhome asked doctor how long I could have on repeat prescription he said 2-3 months no more.
Anyone got round this.

Might be even worse, doc told my wife that if people are away for over 3 months they are supposed to de-register from the practice.

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
It does depend on what drugs you need. Many 'prescription only' drugs in the UK are readily available over the counter in Spain and some other countries. You do need to take the box or packet with you so the pharmacist can see what you need, as often the name on the box is a trade name.

Pete:Cool:

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Might be even worse, doc told my wife that if people are away for over 3 months they are supposed to de-register from the practice.

following on from this -my GP (in wales) intimated that it could be cut down to 1mth,but, he hinted at Private Prescriptions ::bigsmile: Mike

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Anyone got round this.

Hi
We go for 3 months so no prob,s with a 3 month prescription from the doc,s, I don't know if you are touring or pitching up for a period if so maybe a friend/relative can collect your prescription and post to the camp you are on ?. I have seen parcels etc being delivered to the site office for collection, I forgot my cholesterol tabs when we went to Teneriffe they cost a quite a bit to buy at the local chemist good job I didn,t forget the rest she might have left me there to rot. lol :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
I must have been lucky as I got 5 months worth when we went to the States this year.

Pamala

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Things have got tighter over the last year or two, now it seems the 3 months is the most you will get from your GP.

Abroad, well it depends in which country you are in, they all seem to have different rules, the easiest we have found is Spain but that too can have problems if you try fo fill your request in a tourist area, the Farmacia will tell you to go to a doctor in some areas around Malaga.

Portugal its much harder as prescriptions are needed as in the UK.

One of the things we have done is to stock pile.

Doug...

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
What's technically illegal? - sending prescription drugs through the post? (cos picking up someone else's scrip isn't!)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back