Prepping for a trip... why is it always the little things that kill me?? (1 Viewer)

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
So while we are away in our A Class a lot, its usually 3/4 days, and the load list is pretty much the same, this time its a 10 day trip, 7 of which are 'down days' where we are pretty much free to do whatever we want ..

Having been away a couple of weekends ago, and had all the family rock up, it needed a good clean out , and all the things we dont need getting taken out.

So 2 days of de-junking, cleaning and general tidying up done, plus a couple of small jobs i have been putting off, its time to load back up.

Because we are going to hopefully park up for a few days, i need to take the push bikes, so we can get around, and this is where the fun (or lack of it) starts.

The motorbike we are taking goes in to the garage with no bother, one strap, job done, but trying to tie in 2 push bikes without having them rattling round is beyond me, to the point where i am tempted not to bother. The hooks i have in the garage let me get 2 motorbikes in easily , one strap each, but the lack of lockstops on pushbikes makes everything a total PITA.

Its weird how it seems like more work to load less stuff.

Fair to say my enthusiasm has peaked,and rather than end the weekend on a low, i have retired to the house , to turn a few cans i found in the beer fridge , into recycling for tomorrow.

Anyway , everything else is done, just need fuel and 4 days of work to be over , and we will be off to The Bostalsee in South West Germany , via Frankfurt.

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"
Use lots of bungees!!! :)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Sorry..... Motorbike AND a pair of pushbikes.

Begs the question WHY?

It'll take as long to unload and load the bikes as it will the motorbike so let the engine take the strain.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
PhilG

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
Sorry..... Motorbike AND a pair of pushbikes.

Begs the question WHY?

It'll take as long to unload and load the bikes as it will the motorbike so let the engine take the strain.

Not a road bike, if only life were so easy .

OP
OP
PhilG

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
20180925_185248.jpg
its all in. In a fashion.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I've learned to declutter my life. :) A pair of walking boots and associated stuff plus camera and binos. There was a time when I had an inflatable boat plus outboard, push bikes etc etc.
God I'm getting old....
:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
PhilG

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
I've learned to declutter my life. :) A pair of walking boots and associated stuff plus camera and binos. There was a time when I had an inflatable boat plus outboard, push bikes etc etc.
God I'm getting old....
:)

Its the 'associated stuff' that kills you .. there is a van full of other stuff, 2 more bikes, E-ZUP's, generator, 3 sets of wheels, spares, no point having it and not taking it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back