Premium SMS (texts) (1 Viewer)

Nov 9, 2015
North Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer MC-I B 580
Exp
Since 2005
My wife is having a problem on her Windows phone - she is being charged £3 per premium text sent to her once a week. Not realising the significance of them she just deleted and ignored them until the bill arrived. Now her mobile co Virgin says they must charge her and cannot stop them because the company says she signed up for them which she flatly denies.
The company at the bottom of this is known to the regulator and has been fined but continues to do this to innocent people.
It seems her only way out is to cancel her contract with Virgin to stop the payments going out - crazy.
Has anyone else had this experience and found an answer?

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Don't think it being a windows phone makes any difference, but isn't there some way of stopping certain texts coming in, on the actual phone, if they havnt come are they still charged.

OP
OP
G
Nov 9, 2015
North Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer MC-I B 580
Exp
Since 2005
We thought blocking the number would do the trick but blocking only stops you sending to the number. There appears no way to stop the texts being delivered and hence the charge applied.We are sure Virgin could block but they will not just saying sort it out with the sender - but that will only give them more traction we fear.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

?

Deleted User
We thought blocking the number would do the trick but blocking only stops you sending to the number. There appears no way to stop the texts being delivered and hence the charge applied.We are sure Virgin could block but they will not just saying sort it out with the sender - but that will only give them more traction we fear.
Are you sure your doing it correct? When i block numbers on my phone that is it, Blocked. OK not a windows phone but blocked should just be that. Personally if my phone provider showed little interest to help then i would walk. Plenty other networks to use.

OP
OP
G
Nov 9, 2015
North Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer MC-I B 580
Exp
Since 2005
Thank you Stroppy Bird. Lots of helpful stuff there unfortunately the advice do not delete the texts has come too late. But it is aLumina phone so that may be the answer.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Are you sure your doing it correct? When i block numbers on my phone that is it, Blocked. OK not a windows phone but blocked should just be that. Personally if my phone provider showed little interest to help then i would walk. Plenty other networks to use.
This is what I thought as well , this is my windows phone blocking thing have you been here, it seems to stop them to me.
image.jpeg

?

Deleted User
This is what I thought as well , this is my windows phone blocking thing have you been here, it seems to stop them to me.
Im not windows mate. The wife is but since we moved to 3 we have never had one dodgy txt or PPI cold call. Before that i was getting plenty i was with Sainsburys mobile (Now dead) and got lots and all i had to do was chose what to do with the number in either a text or call. The block option was in the same place as use number, delete add to contact etc.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back