Preferred route to Italy in March? (1 Viewer)

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
Looking at getting away for a month at the end of Feb and wondering about northern Italy (+ Switzerland?)

Does anyone have any suggestions for good routes? I've even considered going down the west coast of France and then along the med coast.

Also considering Switzerland: we are at 3.5T and would probably use the motorways/tunnels. However, would we need anything like snow chains if we went off the major routes?

TIA - Gordon

Sep 4, 2017
North West, UK
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1 Transporter
Exp
Since 2017
You've probably already sorted your route, but I'm toying with the Plymouth-Santander ferry, then driving across the bottom of France, aiming for Lake Maggiore. Route home probably via Switzerland and eastern edge of France . . .

OP
OP
Rapido925M
Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
You've probably already sorted your route,. . .

You must be joking! :whistle:

Originally I was going to use the Chunnel and drive to Valencia for Fallas.
Then it was ferry to Santander and go along the coast to Santiago, down to Lisbon and back via Haro.

Today I've heard that I need to attend a meeting in Teesside in mid-March. (n)

Fortunately a) we're both retired and b) we haven't booked anything (y)

Unfortunately, other family members have booked for mid-April to end of May, so we ought to be on "parent-watch" during that period. :cry:

Looks like we'll be stacationing again :(

Gordon

OP
OP
Rapido925M
Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
Well, here we are on 1st March and boy am I glad that I'm tucked up safe and warm in my own home :LOL:.

The current plan is to get away just before Easter, probably ferry to N Spain. We've told the rest of the family that i) probably nothing will go wrong and ii) if it does, then the grandchildren will have to cope. :whistle:

Gordon

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back