Precautions against getting 'gassed'? (1 Viewer)

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I have read so many of these gassing and robbery threads now that I am convinced there is something in them.

No Smoke and all that, so I have just commissioned my architect to re-design and modify my garage with air-craft type doors so that I can store my new MoHo out of site of prying eyes and with the surveillance system and alarm set I will leave it in there all year..... they won't get the better of me, oh no.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I have read so many of these gassing and robbery threads now that I am convinced there is something in them.

No Smoke and all that, so I have just commissioned my architect to re-design and modify my garage with air-craft type doors so that I can store my new MoHo out of site of prying eyes and with the surveillance system and alarm set I will leave it in there all year..... they won't get the better of me, oh no.
That's a bit of a cop out isn't it? Surely you could have run to turning part of your estate into an artificial beach and aire so that the rest of us could enjoy it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
To all the muppets who believe, just leave a window open :)

To the rest, blame the hangover on the booze ;)

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
That's a bit of a cop out isn't it? Surely you could have run to turning part of your estate into an artificial beach and aire so that the rest of us could enjoy it.

I haven't even laid the patio yet and still I get invaded, all the bloody way from @swanseajack13 just for a Prawn sandwich and a handshake before the match.

This is Ray and Julia, called in on their way home from the Dorset Steam Fayre, on my list of favourite Funsters. thanks for calling in, Julia anytime; Ray call again when you've got Less Time. :wink:

Broken Link Removed

Reactions: GJH

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Perhaps I can publish a list of (my favourite) aires and camp sites where motorhomers with yappy dogs, generators running all night and noisy bratty kids have been gassed. I hope that such motorhomers are able to find somewhere safer to park up ...

LostOZ1

Free Member
Oct 5, 2013
Doncaster, South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rimor Coach built
Exp
Im a newbie
We have a strikeback alarm which is set as a perimeter alarm when we sleep. Anyone breaking in would wake the dead...... this means that we don't need to make our van like Fort Knox. Anyway, if they want to break in they will simply break a window, closely followed by being eaten by the dogs.

We fitted the locks and alarm for the times we are away, as we have a motorbike and can be away from dawn to dusk. But they also deter at night.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
We fitted the locks and alarm for the times we are away, as we have a motorbike and can be away from dawn to dusk. But they also deter at night.
Fair comment - my reply could have been better worded. With an A class our doors are slightly more secure with multi point locking but we are never going to deter the professional anyway, so simply choose places with care

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back