Pre purchase inspection company?! (1 Viewer)

MCBAZ

Free Member
Aug 15, 2011
lincoln
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi all,
Can anybody recommend a company that carries out pre purchase motorhome inspections please? If so, do they come with any guarantees, how comprehensive are they?!

Regards,
Slightly.confused.com:shout:

Last edited:

bernardfeay

Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
I wouldn't waste your money. You will find out exactly what is wrong with the vehicle when you take it out for a day or so. Any guarantee that somebody might give you will be so carefully worded that it will be worthless.

But, if you store your MH in a storage yard with others there is usually an odd job man advertising his services on the fence outside. These guys tend to be worth their weight in gold. I'd give them a shot before any dealership cowboy.

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
There are many 'experts' out there - you need to find the ones that know what they are talking about, and don't just 'think' they do. I have seen a few of them, with quite humourous results.

If you see any in our area (devon/cornwall) I don't mind giving them a good look over for you! I service leisure vehicles anyway as well as previously hiring, so used to buying and checking over. Will include damp/electrical test and ensure everything is working as it should as well as a service check to make sure all usual points have been seen to.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back