Pre Christmas Fun & Shopping (1 Viewer)

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
mucho thanko

yet a another Mr and Mrs Haggers entertainment production that deserves a big thanks for the hard work and effort in sorting out a nice place for a great weekend for a lot of people with differing needs and wants....:clap:

Job WELL Done me thinks :thanks2:

looking forward to the new year meet now....and need to sort out some more damson vodka :Eeek:

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Thanks Nikki and Paul, we had a great time, after we finally got there after 5 hours on the M62. Amazingly, we got home in 1.5 hours. It was a lovely site, I'd recommend it to anybody and if you want to got into Chester, you can go in the van and park at the Little Roodee car park where the coaches go. It was lovely to see some old faces and also new ones. Here's to Uttoxeter. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Thanks Nikki and Paul for organizing this and especially the breakfast yesterday.

Also special thanks to Fun Taxis of North Wales (Aka Taran Las) for ferrying us to and from Chester.

Lunarman and Winalot

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 23, 2011
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme
Exp
Since 2002. Previous Motorhomes, 3 X Autotrail. Rapido and 2 Adria Coral Supreme.
WELL ITS THAT MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR.

6th December to the 10th December

Yes it's nearly Christmas and you have got loads and loads to get and want to be away in the motorhome.

Well now you can be, thanks to a wonderful venue in an even better location

Welcome to the Fun Pre Christmas rally.

The site is Lady Heyes touring park in the delightful Town of Frodsham, a short distance to the wonderful city of Chester and the even more wonderful shopping of Cheshire Oakes gigantic retail and outlet sales stores. Including the largest M&S in the world!!!

The Site itself has a fantastic array of stuff on it's own including market and crafts centre, (Please click both links)

http://www.ladyheyespark.com/
http://www.ladyheyes.co.uk/

The Site is dog friendly with Electric hook up and a bar that we can use for meeting in.

Nikki and I have also arranged for a traditional English Breakfast to be cooked and served on the Sunday morning at a cost to be decided nearer the time.

We also intend on spending the Saturday in Chester, shopping or if you prefer The retail outlet at Cheshire Oakes (or even both), or if like me, you may prefer sitting in a pub or back at the ranch sipping a few cold ones whilst others stress about their shopping.

Transport in to Chester will be by way of shared Taxi's unless you wish to drive yourself, or for those fit ones, the train is a 1 mile walk with easy access to Chester city centre

We have tried to organise this event to co-incide with the Chester Victorian markets that have been on over the past few years. Unfortunately at this time the dates are yet to be set but generally they are throughout December and usually comprise of giant wheel, ice rink and Victorian Market etc etc or anything else to bring the tourists in.:roflmto: but be assured, something Christmasy will be happening in Chester :thumb:

Broken Link Removed

so yet again I don't know how we managed, but we have, we have secured Hard standing on a campsite, with electric hook up in a great location for just £11 per night :thumb: Yep no need to re read it, I said it right, £11 per night with electric. Or if you prefer, you may wish to dump the electric and be pitched for just £9 per night :Eeek: yes £9 per night:thumb:

I think that is an excellent rate :thumb: but whats more, if you wished to arrive earlier and stay for the rally and then leave later, you can at the same rally price as long as you let me know in advance
:thumb:
The site has been test driven for us by the Hutchies and it has been proved to be Child resistant and Elvis has carried out a full health and safety inspection :thumb:

To book on the rally please be sure to place your name below and I will add you as time goes by. Please also state that you would like the traditional English on the Sunday Morning so we can get an idea of numbers, hence meaning that I can establish the best price possible.

I have a limit of 20 places with the possibility of more but no guaruntee, so be quick :thumb:

HAPPY CHRISTMAS

Hi Nicki & Paul,
Enjoyed our long distance visit the Lady Hayes!! [3 miles] Sorry we couldn't make it till Saturday and with the poor weather we did not get much chance to mix with many Funsters! Still enjoyed the Breakfast very much, and a day out in Chester. Looking forward to New Year now!! Merry Christmas

Dec 23, 2011
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme
Exp
Since 2002. Previous Motorhomes, 3 X Autotrail. Rapido and 2 Adria Coral Supreme.
well its that most wonderful time of the year.

6th december to the 10th december

yes it's nearly christmas and you have got loads and loads to get and want to be away in the motorhome.

well now you can be, thanks to a wonderful venue in an even better location

welcome to the fun pre christmas rally.

the site is lady heyes touring park in the delightful town of frodsham, a short distance to the wonderful city of chester and the even more wonderful shopping of cheshire oakes gigantic retail and outlet sales stores. Including the largest m&s in the world!!!

the site itself has a fantastic array of stuff on it's own including market and crafts centre, (please click both links)

http://www.ladyheyespark.com/
http://www.ladyheyes.co.uk/

the site is dog friendly with electric hook up and a bar that we can use for meeting in.

nikki and i have also arranged for a traditional english breakfast to be cooked and served on the sunday morning at a cost to be decided nearer the time.

we also intend on spending the saturday in chester, shopping or if you prefer the retail outlet at cheshire oakes (or even both), or if like me, you may prefer sitting in a pub or back at the ranch sipping a few cold ones whilst others stress about their shopping.

transport in to chester will be by way of shared taxi's unless you wish to drive yourself, or for those fit ones, the train is a 1 mile walk with easy access to chester city centre

we have tried to organise this event to co-incide with the chester victorian markets that have been on over the past few years. Unfortunately at this time the dates are yet to be set but generally they are throughout december and usually comprise of giant wheel, ice rink and victorian market etc etc or anything else to bring the tourists in.:laughing: But be assured, something christmasy will be happening in chester :thumb:

Broken Link Removed

so yet again i don't know how we managed, but we have, we have secured hard standing on a campsite, with electric hook up in a great location for just £11 per night :thumb: Yep no need to re read it, i said it right, £11 per night with electric. Or if you prefer, you may wish to dump the electric and be pitched for just £9 per night :eeek: Yes £9 per night:thumb:

i think that is an excellent rate :thumb: But whats more, if you wished to arrive earlier and stay for the rally and then leave later, you can at the same rally price as long as you let me know in advance
:thumb:
the site has been test driven for us by the hutchies and it has been proved to be child resistant and elvis has carried out a full health and safety inspection :thumb:

to book on the rally please be sure to place your name below and i will add you as time goes by. Please also state that you would like the traditional english on the sunday morning so we can get an idea of numbers, hence meaning that i can establish the best price possible.

i have a limit of 20 places with the possibility of more but no guaruntee, so be quick :thumb:

happy christmas

Dec 23, 2011
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme
Exp
Lady Hayes Xmas Meet

Hi Paul & Nikki,:roflmto:
Reallly enjoyed our shortened visit to Lady Hayes. Couldn't arrive until Saturday so missed the "entertainment", but really enjoyed meeting funsters at Breakfast and enjoyed the day out in Chester. Shame we didn't get much chance to meet more Funsters socially due to it being dark and wet, but look forward to doing it all again an New Year.
Thanks for your excellent organisation as always and your very hard work.
Merry Christmas
Steve & Anne :thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Thank you everybody

Yep thank you to all those that came, Im now back at work tending the sick, and that should include me after Saturday night :Blush:

Never learn me never, well and truly champered but had a really great time Saturday.

decided to make the decision to give up Alcohol now. Not going to touch another drop ever, :RollEyes: oh ok, maybe not until New Year.

So glad you all enjoyed my singing on the Friday, :winky:

Agreed it was a lovely site and the good news is, They actually want us back :roflmto::Eeek: :ROFLMAO:

So maybe again we will do something as soon as I have recovered fully, :thumb:

So from Nikki and Paul, Wrapping this one up and moving on to the next one -----

Bring on New Year.

May I also thank Barrie and Janine for once again providing the kit for the entertainment, it's so apprieciated with out you guys it would be much more difficult in getting people together.

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2012
ipswich suffolk
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt pilote
Exp
2005 off and on
Christmas Fun

Thanks Paul and Nikki for a great weekend. We had a lovely time enjoying Chester and meeting and making new friends who we hope we will be lucky enough to see again. Cheers!!!:Smile::thumb:

C.L.S

Trader - Service & Repairs
Jul 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Not long enough
Big thanks to Nikki and Paul for another fantastic weekend......looking forward to doing it all again at New Year :roflmto::roflmto:

Thanks Mark & Shaz

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Done my shopping.

T shirt check
Shorts check
Sun tan lotion check
sunglasses check

good to go :thumb:

Just what I need at Zahora Ken but you could have left me guessing

Lynn ( Mrs Ash )

Free Member
Aug 16, 2010
(The Midlands) Nuneaton
Funster No
MH
A-Class Frankia 640 Exclu
Exp
9 yrs
Thanks for organising a great 4 days Paul & Nikki , sorry we missed you leaving yesterday we thought you were staying until today , have a good Christmas & a fab new year , see you both in 2013 :Smile: :Smile:

Sep 30, 2008
Funster No
Thanks Paul & Nicki

We enjoyed the weekend, site was great we will add it to our list of favourites.

Looking forward to the new year bash.

We very much appreciate you organising our social activities so thanks again for all your
hard work.

Anne & Malc:thumb::thumb::thumb:

MONSI

Free Member
Sep 3, 2007
stalybridge manchester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Thanks to Paul & nicky for organising this meet,we had a great time sorry we Didnt get to meet all who was there ,hope you all have a fab Christmas , all the best for 2013

See you all on the new year meet
:Smile::Smile::Smile:
Lisa & brian

Last edited:

JOHNSTEY

Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Our fourth glorious year!
Thanks Haggers for organising the weekend on such a brilliant site! We met a few new people and had a great day out in Chester.
Unfortunately today didn't quite go to plan.We left the site at 9 am and got home at 11.20pm!
The comformatic gear system let us down:Angry: and we had to be relayed by three recovery vehicles from Lady Heyes to Carlisle/Carlisle to Hamilton then Hamilton to Dundee.
Because of the overhang on the van each get on/get off was fraught and had to be done with blocks of wood to stop the back end grounding.
Nothing for it but a very large glass of Shiraz and goodnight!

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Thanks Haggers for organising the weekend on such a brilliant site! We met a few new people and had a great day out in Chester.
Unfortunately today didn't quite go to plan.We left the site at 9 am and got home at 11.20pm!
The comformatic gear system let us down:Angry: and we had to be relayed by three recovery vehicles from Lady Heyes to Carlisle/Carlisle to Hamilton then Hamilton to Dundee.
Because of the overhang on the van each get on/get off was fraught and had to be done with blocks of wood to stop the back end grounding.
Sorry to hear of your nightmare journey home, but glad you made it.................and the very large Shiraz. :thumb:

I hope no one was caught up in the large pile up at the Sandbach area of the M6, at around 11.30? :Eeek: Fortunately e were nearly home by then.

Cheers for now,

Jock & Rita.

simi

Free Member
Jun 30, 2012
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Knaus sun Ti
Exp
1year
So sorry to hear your problems,what a nightmare, think you need a bottle of shiraz! Take care Terri & Tony

Jul 27, 2007
West Yorks occasionally
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessacarr 560L
Exp
Since 2007
Paul and Nikki

Thanks for a great few days away. Smashing site, with lots to do (and spend money on....).

Particularly liked Paul's 'dancing' to Night Fever - at one point it looked as though he was auditioning as an Air Traffic Controller :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Cheers

Pete and Di

JOHNSTEY

Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Our fourth glorious year!
Just a wee festive photo to remind all those who were at the Chester meet.:thumb:

Attachments

• Chester at Xmas.jpg
    Chester at Xmas.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 46

dbailey2

Free Member
Aug 6, 2012
ESSEX
Funster No
MH
DETHLEFFS ADVANTAGE T6511
Exp
Since 2012
Hi Paul & Nikki,

Thank you for arranging a great long weekend, the Karaoke was absolutely hilarious. As newbees to motorhoming this was our first ever club meet and we would also like to thank all the other club members who made us feel very welcome. Can't wait for the next get together.

Cheers,

Mary & Doug.

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Again the Haganap's Duo broke all records for a fab weekend (again) ... Thank you both for a brilliant time and venue, after the initial downpour and high winds on thurs nite there was brilliant blue skies and sunshine to follow ... it was lovely to meet new funster's and catching up with known friends

Would like to thank Phil .."Taran Las" for ferrying us to and fro to the fabulous shopping venues (Brecon could learn a few things here lolol) and also to Steve n Lynn - "Ash" for making sure we were not left behind
We had a great time singing and dancing (umm the less said the better :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:)

We are looking forward to the New Year bash ... Rock on Tommy as it used to be said xx

Have a great Christmas all and thankyou for your great company xx:thumb::thumb:

Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
OMG what a nightmare journey and I thought my 6hrs queue on the m6 was bad !! But Apart from that had lovely weekend a met lot or nice friendly people including yourselves. Hope you get van sorted soon regards Hilary

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back