Praise where Praise is due (1 Viewer)

Jun 19, 2014
Wimborne
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral+ 670SL
Exp
No longer a newbie
We're all quite quick to be vocal about the crap service we receive from time to time, and my view is that it is welcome if puts a few lacklustre or not-customer-focussed companies or organisations on their toes.

We are naturally less inclined to get vocal when a company/organisations delivers the expected service. Why should we?

Government Departments take a lot of stick, so I want to go on record in my acknowledgement or a surprising turn of events from the two Government Departments I have dealt with during the course of Registering my newly imported Motorhome.

The VCA took less than a work week to process my application, so ten days from the day I mailed it I had the approval in my hands. The DVLA, the one I was resigned to waiting at least four weeks for them to churn my application, astounded me. I posted the forms on the 17th, and received the V5 today, the 26th.

So hats off to both of them.

Surprisingly, I have heard nothing from HMRC since I mailed the NOVA form. Lets hope they aren't reading this.

So, get the alarm fitted, plus a couple of electrickery bits, and we're off. That boat really needs to sell now.

Thanks agin to all forum-ites who have chipped in with help, great bunch of people.

Best regards,

Peter

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
Glad it's been straight forward for you. We've just paid the VAT on ours, but not yet had the receipt from HMRC - that's 15 days after first mailing our notification to them, plus a couple of phone calls to move things along.
Headlights and speedo were easy to fit, and we sent off our notification to VCA a week ago, so hoping to hear back from them by the end of this week.
Then we have to start on the DVLA. Like you, we're a bit apprehensive about that bit, particularly as it'll be the beginning of September, and the new registration plates will be out, so presumably, a busy time of year for them.:cautious:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back