Practical motorhome tv, SKY channel 212 (1 Viewer)

Jul 29, 2014
Norfolk and Correze, France
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Had one for 5 years many moons ago. Now starting again.
Wish the shows presenter could speak without constantly having to use his hands,especially the way he touches his finger and thumb together every 5 seconds.Hes driving me nuts
That really was annoying. Like a fisherman constantly indicating how large was the one that got away.:rolleyes:
They have a happy knack of ignoring what might be a problem. Like telling you that you could pay more and have a drop down bed and hence sleep four but not mention where you then seat the extra two people given all seats in the back face sideways.:whistle:
Dave was the best part of the show.(y)

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
You have to remember that the "reviews" are simply adverts for products, not critical tests on behalf of the consumer. Manufacturers would soon stop providing them with loan vans if they slated their pride and joys on public tv, and then there would be nothing left to fill the half hour with. Unless Dave could pad his bit out a lot, maybe tell a few jokes and relate some anecdotes about interesting customers, etc.?
There is a comparable programme on in Italy somewhere I think who post on You Tube (maybe they only broadcast on YouTube, I don't know), who have a presenter who speaks so fast he sounds like a machine gun. That looks like a very professional, interesting and technical programme, in HD with good sound. Everything that our show isn't, in fact. Worth a look.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Top gear made quite a good showing out of slating manufactures cars....

As said these shows aren't going anywhere unless they break the mould, their just glorified adverts...

I only watch it for the Dave info bit...(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Would anyone care to give some constructive feedback on my bits of the prog please? Still haven't managed to view a programme myself.

D.
Only just seen this, Dave, as we've been away. The only real problem with your slots is the way the director switches to the second camera without having you turn to look at it - but that is a reflection on the production not the content :)

OP
OP
dave newell

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Only just seen this, Dave, as we've been away. The only real problem with your slots is the way the director switches to the second camera without having you turn to look at it - but that is a reflection on the production not the content :)

Thanks Graham, I must admit I wondered at the wisdom of such camera work when we were recording it but as they are the professionals in TV I bowed to their "better knowledge".

D

Reactions: GJH

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Thanks Graham, I must admit I wondered at the wisdom of such camera work when we were recording it but as they are the professionals in TV I bowed to their "better knowledge".

D
We watched the latest (air suspension) episode last night as we were away on Monday. You looked a lot more relaxed now you're getting into it :)

OP
OP
dave newell

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Yeah, not sure what order they've been shown in but the batteries and solar were the first (and worst I felt). I felt the MOT preparation one was the smoothest but not seen it yet, air suspension was the first one I've seen on the box.

D.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
The series gets under way on 4 April and, unlike previous series of The Motorhome Channel, there will be a fresh show every week as part of the revamped Practical Motorhome TV. Each half-hour show will be broadcast five times a week on Showcase TV, on our new channels at Sky 212 and Freeview 254 (please note that to get Freeview 254, your TV must be connected to the internet), at these times and on these days: on Monday at 8.30pm, Wednesday at 5.30pm, and then at 7.30pm on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. You'll also be able to watch live online.

20:30 tonight!!!!!!

Rocles

Free Member
Oct 10, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
"Showcase is returning to Freesat channel 161 on 9th June 2016. @pmotorhome"

Deleted User
Watched a couple of shows via freeview showcase, we don't get any variations on sound at all.
Nice to get a fix of van viewing and see what Dave looks like, hopefully pick up some tips.

Only thing found a little odd is the campsite reviews, all the ones we have seen seem to only have caravans on the site and they ask opinions of caravaners, which I don't think is the best reflection of a site for mh users.

Lin :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back