Practical motorhome tv, SKY channel 212 (1 Viewer)

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
For anyone who hasn't already spotted it "The Motorhome Channel" tv prog has changed its name to Practical Motorhome TV and is on SKY channel 212. The new series starts this week (I believe its on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays). I'll give you all fair warning though, I have a five minute slot on each episode:rolleyes:. It is no longer available on Freesat or Freeview although I'm told it will come to Freeview soon.

D.

O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
Recorded tonight thanks. Will check it out tomorrow. Hope the sound quality is better than last series!!

O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
Can't watch it myself as we don't have Sky. I have seen the rough edits of my pieces however and they don't look too bad, well that's what I thought anyway.

D.

Sure you are right Dave, will let you know. The problem before ( in my opinion!!) was that each edited section seemed to have a diffetremt volume setting so that you were constantly reaching for the volume control on the remote!

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
Watched on Monday and nothing much has changed. I'm struggling to see what 5 minutes spent talking about a penny farthing bike had to do with motorhoming?

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We watched it last night. It was an NEC show special, the bloke on the penny farthing was doing some sort of promo work there.

It is on Freeview but it's channel 254 which is a data channel so you need a Smart TV to watch it. Unfortunately, although you can set a Smart PVR to record it for some reason it doesn't work so we will miss the episodes when we are away.

OP
OP
dave newell

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Would anyone care to give some constructive feedback on my bits of the prog please? Still haven't managed to view a programme myself.

D.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 19, 2013
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 115
Exp
Few years
Your bits are fine - even the wife is enjoying this series... The only criticism I have with the whole show is what to me looks like amateurish sound and lighting. B
The sound seems to really vary between parts - I end up putting the volume really high - then the adverts come on and deafen us!
The lighting also seems to be a bit dubious - this is quite noticeable mainly on your part - its like the contract and brightness is set too high and your face is very white...sort of hard to explain!!

Richard

O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
Would anyone care to give some constructive feedback on my bits of the prog please? Still haven't managed to view a programme myself.

D.

Hi Dave, I will make a point of watching out for you next time I watch it. Generally the last series has been much better than previouse shows.
If you do have a chance, Please, Please let them know how bad the sound is on the broadcasted show. Really frustrating having to sit with your finger on the volume button at the same time as wearing ear defenders!! :happy:

OP
OP
dave newell

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
If you do have a chance, Please, Please let them know how bad the sound is on the broadcasted show. Really frustrating having to sit with your finger on the volume button at the same time as wearing ear defenders!! :happy:

Its probably better if you tell them yourself:

D.

OP
OP
dave newell

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs

Its probably better if you tell them yourself:

D.

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
now your a star, can I have an autograph please(y), I havnt got any paper so just wright on a old blank cheque thingy...that will do:cautious::rolleyes::whistle:

OP
OP
dave newell

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Well having spent half of Sunday getting an aerial feed to the TV at home I watched this evening's show. not quite sure what I can say about it really, it's not exactly riveting TV is it? Air suspension this week :)

D.

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
I hope it gets shown on freesat we dont all do sky

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
Your section is very good Dave, and I learn a bit every week. The rest of it though is, like you say dull in the extreme. I guess it's pretty difficult to find different things to say about camp sites and motorhomes every week, but they don't seem to be trying very hard. Why not let some owners review their own vans on camera. That should at least provide some honest opinions and perhaps cut down on the number of times "storage solution" or "bang on trend" is said, both of which make my toes curl. The sound is consistently muffled and quiet (do the presenters wear their microphones inside their wooly jumpers?), Niall's shoes are horrible and borrowed from a tramp and the new fancy split screen photography is confusing. Other than that it's great and I don't miss an episode!

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
It is on Freeview but it's channel 254 which is a data channel so you need a Smart TV to watch it. Unfortunately, although you can set a Smart PVR to record it for some reason it doesn't work so we will miss the episodes when we are away.

We can record it but it has to come direct from the TV and not via the box. If you do it this way the tv has to be on but doesn't have to be on that channel. We then record it on the hard drive of the dvd player. The lengths we goto :rolleyes:

Reactions: GJH

Stonemags76

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2011
Derbyshire Dales
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleepers Warwick Duo
Exp
Full Time 2011-2013, now part timers!
They don't seem to review the vans, so much as sing their praises! I'd like an honest opinion, not just "isn't this great"! Good idea to get owners to show us around their vans. Dave's part is informative though! I also agree about the sound!

CeeJay13

Free Member
Sep 16, 2015
The North of Hampshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Returned 2015 after many years of kids and other expenses!
Sorry, been out. Looks like it is 402, not 401.

From the Motorhome Channel website...

"Tune in on Monday at 8:30 pm, Wednesday at 5:30 pm, Fridays 7:30pm, Saturdays 7:30pm and Sundays 7:30pm on Showcase (Sky 261/ Freesat 402/ Freeview 254)."

Dec 18, 2011
Hull
Funster No
MH
Autotrail 634
Exp
Since 2006
Wish the shows presenter could speak without constantly having to use his hands,especially the way he touches his finger and thumb together every 5 seconds.Hes driving me nuts

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back