Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Some info here about power usage which may be useful to the OP:

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
What laptop connector do you need? Does your mains lead have a coloured 'rim' on the end that you stick in the laptop? I've found that some multi-plug kits don't have the one for my HP, the end in question is blue and that's the one I have to buy separately.
yeah when I had a look round as to why, I even mailed the manufacturer and got a mixed response but no defo answer as to where I can buy one, or IF I can buy one. So then I trawled amazon for the end plugs and bought 2 kits = in total 30 plugs but nope, none fit. My next step is to get the exact measurements and pin size and search them, but Ive been just using the inverter till then.
Ive been on a jaunt this weekend up across penines up at Hull, Cleethorpes, down through Sutton on Sea and Skeggy atm, and called in a few places but Nope, still none.
the 1st image below is the back of the adapter wattage stated on my laptop is 150w

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• adapter.jpg
    adapter.jpg
    268 KB · Views: 16
  • plug.jpg
    plug.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Another fan? The stuff they turn out is magical - especially the most recent on the Norwegian coast.
Yes, one of my favourites. Both for content & for technical ability.

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
yeah when I had a look round as to why, I even mailed the manufacturer and got a mixed response but no defo answer as to where I can buy one, or IF I can buy one. So then I trawled amazon for the end plugs and bought 2 kits = in total 30 plugs but nope, none fit. My next step is to get the exact measurements and pin size and search them, but Ive been just using the inverter till then.
Ive been on a jaunt this weekend up across penines up at Hull, Cleethorpes, down through Sutton on Sea and Skeggy atm, and called in a few places but Nope, still none.
the 1st image below is the back of the adapter wattage stated on my laptop is 150w

Once you get past 120W, it does get harder to find car chargers.

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
You can of course use a good spec laptop and have a separate, larger, monitor. But the monitor would run at 240V.
I have a 24 inch TV/Monitor which has a separate power brick with 19V output. I bought a universal 12V laptop supply that outputs 19V, and had a selection of over a dozen plug adapters, one of which was correct.

The TV has an HDMI input, and I use a Firestick, or plug my laptop in via an HDMI cable. Actually I bought it from Argos, it's an LG, I just wanted a monitor, I don't use the TV side of it at all. I get TV through the Firestick and the MH router.

The adapter was similar to this one, I can't find the exact one I bought

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2007
Nottinghamshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
20+ but 30+ as a tugger
I realise that this topic is a couple of months out of date but what about something along the lines of a EcoFlow River battery bank. It can provide 240 volt power and most important it can be charged either through a 12 volt cigarette lighter or wall socket and they claim it can be recharged to 100% in under 2 hours. The 600W version retails at around £360, weighs 5kgs and is totally portable with no installation

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
If you go this route ensure its a digital inverter gennie.... A laptop won't like the erratic waveform of a non-digital gennie.
The output of a non-inverter generator is a perfect sine wave. The problem they have is poor voltage regulation - a sudden additional load drags down the output voltage briefly: removing the load does the opposite so the voltage overshoot. With a constant, steady, load they provide a very clean supply.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back