Powering 12 volt only appliances whilst in the house? (1 Viewer)

T

The Meerkat

Deleted User
Hi All

Recently I have been enjoying te pleasure of using my LCD both in the kitchen and whilst away touring as it is 12v and mains

Now, what I have is a vast amount of 12 volt only appliances, such as the wifes hairdryer, BBQ grill and cool box that I would be looking to use in the house whilst not touring

So, I suppose what I am looking for is the reverse of an inverter, rather than going from DC to AC, I would want to convert from AC to DC, I found a APP-300 product on the net and was wondering if anyone has been on teh same boat as me?

:Eeek:

The Wallace

Free Member
Apr 3, 2009
Funster No
I used an old model railway transformer for years for some bits of boat gear I wanted to use at home, eg marine VHF radio.
A battery charger is just a 240 to 12v transformer with a few extras thrown in!
You could even set up a solar powered circuit using a car battery.
It's a bodgers dream, your imagination will be the only limiting factor (unless style and good looks are important) (no offence meant - I am talking about the installation not you!).

OP
OP
T

The Meerkat

Deleted User
Many thanks for your input guys - Theres one going on E-bay that runs out tomorrow so I'll keep my eyes peeled for it :thumb:

OP
OP
T

The Meerkat

Deleted User
Sorry guys, guess my wording was wrong, it is in fact a grill, uses up to 15 amps- Thats the one below

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
only 15 amps, wow I cringe at 4 amp appliences, need bigger solar panels and more batteries, hee hee

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back