LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
I have at least 5 different laptops and as such each have a different connector. Any suggestions as to the best 12v kit to suit all...

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
there are lots of DC/DC converters with switchable different voltages
Broken Link Removed

and some universal
Broken Link Removed

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I've had a couple of the cheapos fail - it doesn't matter much given the price but it would have been different if they'd taken the laptop with them. Although I prefer, and would normally recommend, direct 12v chargers, in your case I'd go for a small inverter. Despite often quoted concerns about using a pure sine wave type it really isn't important for a laptop so an inexpensive one will be fine. It used to matter when mains power supplies used transformers but all are now based on switched-mode technology and non-sine wave supplies have no effect.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Dave,
Just curious...why 5 laptops?
One for each weekday?
5 well, I have a small Gericom which I used when I was in Glasgow, I have a small HP which I inherited, the older Dell is now dual boot, the current Dell is awaiting a repair(power switch) and I have a new HP with Windows 8.1. So there you go, plus I have two desktops at home and a server. Besides the tablet and phones...

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
5 well, I have a small Gericom which I used when I was in Glasgow, I have a small HP which I inherited, the older Dell is now dual boot, the current Dell is awaiting a repair(power switch) and I have a new HP with Windows 8.1. So there you go, plus I have two desktops at home and a server. Besides the tablet and phones...

Little wonder you're losing it, mate.:rofl:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I've had one similar to Broken Link Removed for years and it's still going strong. It doesn't have adapters for everything (Dell can be awkward but what's new?) but deals with most.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back