LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
Since 2007
I have at least 5 different laptops and as such each have a different connector. Any suggestions as to the best 12v kit to suit all...

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 1999
I've had a couple of the cheapos fail - it doesn't matter much given the price but it would have been different if they'd taken the laptop with them. Although I prefer, and would normally recommend, direct 12v chargers, in your case I'd go for a small inverter. Despite often quoted concerns about using a pure sine wave type it really isn't important for a laptop so an inexpensive one will be fine. It used to matter when mains power supplies used transformers but all are now based on switched-mode technology and non-sine wave supplies have no effect.

OP
ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
Since 2007
Dave,
Just curious...why 5 laptops?
One for each weekday?
5 well, I have a small Gericom which I used when I was in Glasgow, I have a small HP which I inherited, the older Dell is now dual boot, the current Dell is awaiting a repair(power switch) and I have a new HP with Windows 8.1. So there you go, plus I have two desktops at home and a server. Besides the tablet and phones...

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
5 well, I have a small Gericom which I used when I was in Glasgow, I have a small HP which I inherited, the older Dell is now dual boot, the current Dell is awaiting a repair(power switch) and I have a new HP with Windows 8.1. So there you go, plus I have two desktops at home and a server. Besides the tablet and phones...
Little wonder you're losing it, mate.:rofl:

SMC Motorhomes Newark
RoadPro
Johns Cross
Safeguard Motorhome Insurance
Rhino Installs
Friendly professional service from qualified technicians
Free Club Stickers