Power steering warning on dashboard (1 Viewer)

John HSFC

Free Member
Aug 7, 2015
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
2 Years
I keep getting a warning on the dashboard on my Fiat Ducatto that I should get the power steering checked.

This happens when I am usually breaking and at about 20 MPH.

I took to the garage, they put it on the diagnostics and reported that they could find nothing wrong.

There appears to be nothing wrong with the steering.

Has anybody else had that problem and if so how was it solved?

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
I assume you've checked the power steering fluid level ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
There are some faults that will only be diagnosed by a Fiat diagnostic machine (according to my mechanic). If you didn't use a franchised garage I would recommend you do, just to be on the safe side.

Jackyboy61

Free Member
Jun 6, 2014
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
2 weeks ago while checking the levels on my motorhome I noticed the power stearing fluid was low ,on further investigation I found a pool of fluid underneath the M H ,I started the engine and turned the steering to find out that fluid was pouring out of the steering rack.l phoned my local Fiat dealer and was told to bring it over so they could have a look at it ,so topped up fluid and off I went ,at arriving at the garage a quick look by the technician and was told you can't drive this vehicle any further and the cost of a new steering rack would be £1,500 + labour,(after they brought me around with the smelling salts ) I went home without the motorhome to think about it and ponder what to do and look through the manuals,and the financis,alas I found the Fiat Assistance tel number and phoned and spoke to a very nice lady who listend to the issue we had with the steering rack and was told leave it with me and I will get back in touch with you,and she did the next day and she had opened a case on the mater,and she had to present the mater to Fiat.Weekend went by and on the Monday she phoned me and said that Fiat would replace the steering rack free of charge seeing the van was just 4 years old ,was I glad or what,the garage had to send a diagnostic report in and the job was done in 2 day's. I have nothing but praise for Fiat Assistance and my local Fiat dealer which was Threeways Garage Abergele 10/10

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back