Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Today I had electric power steering fitted to my 1991 Renault Trafic coachbuilt

Traveled to Stratford-on-Avon, it took 4 hours and cost £600

Makes all the difference to low speed driving and parking

A small 'engineering' workshop attached to a family run garden centre - - space to stay over if needed and if the weather is as good as it was today a pleasant time spent in the garden talking to the owners while the work was done.

Not sure if I should post a direct link on Jim's site but if you google talbot-express-power-steering you should find them.

They convert quite a variety of motorhomes and other vehicles including MGBs

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Well done you,however,if it ever comes to pass it "Packs up", i have found that having 2 EGGS for breakfast makes the steering easier as well.
PS. Spinach ... LOL

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Hymerclassic

Free Member
Aug 19, 2015
Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer on Renault trafic
Exp
longtime
Today I had electric power steering fitted to my 1991 Renault Trafic coachbuilt

Travelled to Stratford-on-Avon, it took 4 hours to fit and cost £600

Makes all the difference to low speed driving and parking

A small 'engineering' workshop attached to a family run garden centre - - space to stay over if needed and if the weather is as good as it was today a pleasant time spent in the garden talking to the owners while the work was done.

Not sure if I should post a direct link on Jim's site but if you google talbot-express-power-steering you should find them.

They convert quite a variety of motorhomes and other vehicles including MGBs

I took my 93 Hymer (built on a Renault Trafic chassis) to them today to have electric power steering fitted. I have tried eggs.... and spinach (they don't go well together) and even the gym, but after a week of touring in Wales and trying to park in some of the tiniest yet very busy villages I knew it was time to admit that I am getting too old to wrestle with the dead weight of my Hymer any longer.

£600 and 3 hours later....What a difference. If you do not have power steering and are undecided, my opinion is that it makes a heavyweight perform like a mini in tight spots. I really like it.

I am now looking at electric power braking. Does anyone know of a UK company that will supply and fit?? There are plenty of them in the USA

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Sometimes I struggle even though I have power steering and servo brakes,:eek: perhaps it's because I'm only six stone wet through ...honest. :whistle:

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Must admit to liking the toys... But power steering is a must . Can't remember the last car or van I drove that didn't have it .. Even my wee runaround Fiesta van has it.

Stroller55

Free Member
Oct 24, 2022
Funster No
MH
Elddis talbot expre
Must admit to liking the toys... But power steering is a must . Can't remember the last car or van I drove that didn't have it .. Even my wee runaround Fiesta van has it.
Mine was Bedford midi with colunm gears

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Had a G reg Pilote a Talbot base! 1989

What with the Steering, and the crush Knuckle, will it engage, or will I have to wriggle the gear stick until the bloody thing engages!

Yes! I whimped out and sold the damned thing! after a few years!

Stupid really! It had instant hot water, a bathroom that you could, if you were that way inclined, swing a cat! You could actually sit on the loo without getting Callouses either on your forehead or knees, a drop down Bed, and room for another 3 guests to sleep as well (not that we ever did!), the fridge actually had a freezer compartment that you could actually fit a decent lot of meat, AND Ice cube trays!

Built like a tank ! solid wood not MDF

but! COMMON SENSE PREVAILED, the old girl was getting old , spares were getting hard to find so reluctantly we got rid

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back