Power lead stowage (for iPad/iPhone etc etc etc) Ideas? (1 Viewer)

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Dunno about you, but I’ve got more leads than Scotland Yard!
Phones, tablets, FitBits, i/Watches, Mi-Fi gizmos, electric fags, you name it and I’ve got a charging lead for it :mad:

It’s ok indoors because the leads and associated mains sockets are always in the same place BUT when travelling, I bung all of the leads into a see-thru plastic bag. When it’s time to charge something up, I’m faced with a spaghetti of charging cords, which have the ability to tie themselves in knots!

It would be nice, of course, to have them all hanging up in the van, ready to choose the appropriate one. However, this ‘tidy garden shed’ mentality won’t work, as the leads are in use immediately before we leave home - hence them all being bunged in a bag, last minute.com.

Because of the variety of gizmos, it’s not possible to carry just a few leads or buy a universal type. Anyway, I guarantee that Mrs W will want to charge or read with something plugged in at the very time that I want to use something.

All I want to do is to identify a lead and use it without unravelling knitting.
Any ideas?

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
wrap the cord around your hand then fasten them with a velcro tie. a sticky label on the plug and you can name them for easy identification

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
I've been thinking of getting one of these to stick on the back of the wardrobe door
Desk-Tidy-USB-CHARGER-HEADPHONE-CABLES-Holder-Wire-Drop-Lead-/332150827489

OP
OP
wingman

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Surely you only need mini usb/micro usb and iPhone.
That’s 3 leads

You would think so, but it doesn’t seem to work out that way, especially when there’s two of us jockeying for position :D2 There’s two sets of ear buds for a start. Got two power packs as well as all the other stuff. Scheduling charging times or listening times just doesn’t work!

Anyway; thanks to @The2i's I've just ordered the gadget bag before the Wife’s Amazon Prime trial runs out!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Dunno about you, but I’ve got more leads than Scotland Yard!
Phones, tablets, FitBits, i/Watches, Mi-Fi gizmos, electric fags, you name it and I’ve got a charging lead for it :mad:

It’s ok indoors because the leads and associated mains sockets are always in the same place BUT when travelling, I bung all of the leads into a see-thru plastic bag. When it’s time to charge something up, I’m faced with a spaghetti of charging cords, which have the ability to tie themselves in knots!

It would be nice, of course, to have them all hanging up in the van, ready to choose the appropriate one. However, this ‘tidy garden shed’ mentality won’t work, as the leads are in use immediately before we leave home - hence them all being bunged in a bag, last minute.com.

Because of the variety of gizmos, it’s not possible to carry just a few leads or buy a universal type. Anyway, I guarantee that Mrs W will want to charge or read with something plugged in at the very time that I want to use something.

All I want to do is to identify a lead and use it without unravelling knitting.
Any ideas?
Buy a dedicated set of leads for the van. For under £20 your problem will be solved. Works for us :xsmile:.

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Since 2016, caravans before that, folding Caravan, tents before that
We have one set of leads for the Moho in addition to the ones st home. iPad, iPhone, Fit Bit live on both bed side tables adjacent to the USB charging sockets along with the Mifi, Bluetooth sender etc. Those on Alice’s side are neatly coiled in an organised bag. My side is more free-form!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014
I've given up on the tangle free bit - 2 adults & 3 kids = lots of devices to charge. However, I did invest in coloured leads - Yellow for Apple lightning, White for micro USB, Red for mini USB, Blue for DS - etc etc - which now at least means I can identify easily which cable in the tangle I need, rather than them all being white......

I have got a 3 way cable - Apple lighning, the old Apple connector and a micro USB, all connected to a single coiled USB lead - that works surprisingly well, and it was about £1.50 from China!

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Since 2016, caravans before that, folding Caravan, tents before that
9BFE9E4A-30F4-42C2-9227-2A6DBD34CF4B.jpeg
I've given up on the tangle free bit - 2 adults & 3 kids = lots of devices to charge. However, I did invest in coloured leads - Yellow for Apple lightning, White for micro USB, Red for mini USB, Blue for DS - etc etc - which now at least means I can identify easily which cable in the tangle I need, rather than them all being white......

I have got a 3 way cable - Apple lighning, the old Apple connector and a micro USB, all connected to a single coiled USB lead - that works surprisingly well, and it was about £1.50 from China!

Be careful with those cheap fake cables:
https://globalnews.ca/news/3365247/electronic-charging-devices-cables-pose-fire-risk/

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back