Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
wait till lidl or aldi have theirs on offer . had mine a few years now works great and was cheap.

appydaze

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 12, 2009
southend on sea essex
Funster No
MH
Merc high top
Exp
20 years
aldi

Bought one from Aldi which worked fine for 3 times and then packed up.
Aldi very good though, gave money back on their 60 day no quibble guarantee. Very good pressure before that though. (they didn't have a replacement in stock or I may have tried another one). :thumb:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I have gone through two Kärcher am I just unlucky?

Thoughts as to a replacement?

unlucky I'd say..

bought a small Kärcher when we went full time in 2006 .. still going strong.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
same here Dave.....now on my third karcher.

first two died of frostbite, must remember to give this one a warm home next winter.

Shirl bought me the latest from B&Q a few days ago and christened it on the RV roof this weekend.

4hrs continuous on sunday and another 4hrs continuous plus another 2hrs intermittent yesterday....never missed a beat. :thumb:.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks

first two died of frostbite, must remember to give this one a warm home next winter.

Shirl bought me the latest from B&Q a few days ago and christened it on the RV roof this weekend.

4hrs continuous on sunday and another 4hrs continuous plus another 2hrs intermittent yesterday....never missed a beat. :thumb:.

Christ how bigs yer roof:Eeek::winky:

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp

Elaine's rule number 2
I am only allowed in B&Q on Wednesdays

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Christ how bigs yer roof:Eeek::winky:

34ft x 9ft Geo.....but it aint the size, its whats stuck to it. :Eeek:

someone has painted two x 2ft wide strips as walkways with what looks like Artex paint. :Doh:

got some kind of rubbery fungus growing on/in it (looks like a crap boxers lughole :roflmto:) and hundreds of small black dots the size of a pea and even the jet washer had trouble removing the fungus......even resorted to an old fashioned scrubbing brush and red hot soapy water and its still got circular stains. :cry:

Last edited:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Elaine's rule number 2
I am only allowed in B&Q on Wednesdays

with both of us being under 60 she got her friend to buy it using his golden oldie type card.
cracking price with the instore reduction and the card discount. :thumb:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Funny you should say that Dave my Karcher packed up the other day it has not had much use at all, when I bought it I gave my brother my old SIP one I had for years as his karcher had packed up after little use.
He says I can borrow my old one if I want to as "HIS SIP " is working just fine:Doh:

duane0001

Free Member
Jan 18, 2013
East Coast, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
Expedition 67 soon!
Exp
2021 This time
[HI]34ft x 9ft[/HI] Geo.....but it aint the size, its whats stuck to it. :Eeek:

someone has painted two x 2ft wide strips as walkways with what looks like Artex paint. :Doh:

got some kind of rubbery fungus growing on/in it (looks like a crap boxers lughole :roflmto:) and hundreds of small black dots the size of a pea and even the jet washer had trouble removing the fungus......even resorted to an old fashioned scrubbing brush and red hot soapy water and its still got circular stains. :cry:

That would make your RV 2.75 meters wide
Too wide for UK roads???

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
I have gone through two Kärcher am I just unlucky?

Thoughts as to a replacement?

a bouqet and sponge

never get near the truck

with a power blaster :Eeek:

youll blow the bloody doors offt

now a patio powerwasher get a cheap one
ditch when it fails

it will probably last longer because you care less

they needs reguler use to keep em working

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Last edited:

Ber090

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 12, 2012
West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2012
Had trouble with 2 Karchers. Bought a Bosch some 2 years ago and it is great. Bought through Amazon.
Cheers
Bernie::bigsmile:

camocam1

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Elgin,Moray,Scotland
Funster No
MH
bailey approach 760 se
Exp
since 2012
Thought you were not suppose to use power washer on MH !!! As could cause damage to seals / water ingression etc

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Can highly recommend this reconditioned one:

http://www.cleanstore.co.uk/products/Product.asp?ID=7646

This is their 'normal' price:

http://www.cleanstore.co.uk/products/Product.asp?ID=7424

They have metal water tanks so you don't get the frost damage problem as you do with some Karchers etc (including the ones sold by Halfords etc) which have plastic tanks.

Hubby has bought 8 of the refurbished ones for other people (catalogue returns etc) and 7 were 'A' grade and one being a 'B' grade (although they all looked new!). Only problem was a faulty clip on lance/hose on one unit only which were replaced FOC very quickly without a problem. Hubby has even got one chap waiting for one as soon as they get them back in stock!

Hubby has used the one he got for himself and is very impressed with it, much better than the Karcher he had previously. If you get the reconditioned one you can also get supposed reconditioned parts very cheaply too, though so far they've always been 'new'! If the value of your order is over £45 you get free delivery too. :thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Can highly recommend this reconditioned one:

http://www.cleanstore.co.uk/products/Product.asp?ID=7646

This is their 'normal' price:

http://www.cleanstore.co.uk/products/Product.asp?ID=7424

They have metal water tanks so you don't get the frost damage problem as you do with some Karchers etc (including the ones sold by Halfords etc) which have plastic tanks.

Hubby has bought 8 of the refurbished ones for other people (catalogue returns etc) and 7 were 'A' grade and one being a 'B' grade (although they all looked new!). Only problem was a faulty clip on lance/hose on one unit only which were replaced FOC very quickly without a problem. Hubby has even got one chap waiting for one as soon as they get them back in stock!

Hubby has used the one he got for himself and is very impressed with it, much better than the Karcher he had previously. If you get the reconditioned one you can also get supposed reconditioned parts very cheaply too, though so far they've always been 'new'! If the value of your order is over £45 you get free delivery too. :thumb:
neither of mine involved tank damage.

in both instances it was the secured push fit pump body/valve connections which froze and split.

just like a motorhome water system, you cant get all the water out.

My Dog Likes Fishing

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2012
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678
Exp
Hang on while I look at my watch
I went through 2 Karchers and one was very expensive costing around £200. I was told that they have plastic cases on the motors and will not tolerate long periods of use when I tried to get one repaired. I used them for the cars and patios.

I ended up buying a Draper power washer as they have metal cases for the pumps. Tried my hardest to wear it out in the 2 year warranty but failed miserably.

It's 4 years old now and still going strong. Hope this helps. :thumb:

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
Got the big Karcher and been good so far after 3 years ,however i did have a Mc Allister and found it a bit temperamental due to iffy flow switch and gave it to my Dad.Since he has had it he's had no problems which means its been going for best part of 8 years.:Doh: Bet my Karcher goes wrong now :Eeek:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Strange
I've had a Karcher for, must be 8 years at least and used it on m/home, 3 m/bikes (one off roader) and our 2 4x4s (gone now) and its never missed a beat only needed one spare part a handle with the trigger attached. Got one off a stall at a m/home show for a tenner. Think we paid about £60.oo for it back then great bit of kit:thumb:

voyager 1

Free Member
Oct 25, 2012
Durham Tees valley
Funster No
MH
c class Swift voyager
Exp
30+yrs
I do not use a pressure washer on my pride & joy it may seem to take the hard work out of washing, but water under pressure can find its way into all sorts of places, forcing its way past old mastic coated joints unoticed till its to late, then you get the dreaded damp entering your motorhome.
No its a bucket of warm water a wrag a brush and some good quality shampoo, elbow grease and then a gentle wrinse down with water, shammy of and polish.it might take a little longer but i feel that it gives me the piece of mind that i`m not getting damp in prematuerly

duane0001

Free Member
Jan 18, 2013
East Coast, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
Expedition 67 soon!
Exp
2021 This time
I have power washed mine a few times with a diesel powered truck steam cleaner :Eeek:
But then it is a panel van conversion :thumb:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Karcher hobby types do not have a ceramic tip, so tend only to last around two years tops if well maintained and regulalry used - most households don't use them that regularly - so they break often.

What I found lasted far longer that the karcher was the Champion brand. The downside is they are a little more prone to hoses splitting - that said, they are easy enough to replace and the whole outfit only costs £40-60.

I actually have two here, one without a hose which I keep as a spare. When the hose split, I went to buy a new hose, but they had the whole kit on offer for a similar price - so now have a spare! Both are between 4 and 7 years old.

Apr 9, 2013
Ayr
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
unlucky I'd say..

bought a small Kärcher when we went full time in 2006 .. still going strong.

Ditto. Ours has even survived a fall on to block paving from a height of 20 feet or so. The case got a bit smashed but it still works fine.

Tim

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back