Power for a Fiamma kitchen vent (1 Viewer)

cassi444

Free Member
Apr 26, 2021
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autostratus
Hi
Just had a new 2 way vent for the kitchen area fitted. Does it only run off 12v, as in if I put the hook up on, will it not work? We can't get any power into it, any ideas? It's a Elddis Autostratus EB SE 1997 2.5 d. She has had many problems since I brought her 3 years ago, been replacing/rebuilding etc, but my guy is baffled so far. Got a new one, because the old one wouldn't work. I'm a newbie to this, so please help if you can.
Many Thanks
cassi444

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Yes they run from 12v when you are on hook up all the 12v equipment still works.
The only difference when on hook up is the fridge & battery charger will run from mains and the 13 amp sockets will be live.

Check with a multimeter that you have 12v at the fan connections, if not check the fuses in the distribution unit.
If no luck you will have to try and trace the cables could be a faulty connection.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

cassi444

Free Member
Apr 26, 2021
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autostratus
Yes they run from 12v when you are on hook up all the 12v equipment still works.
The only difference when on hook up is the fridge & battery charger will run from mains and the 13 amp sockets will be live.

Check with a multimeter that you have 12v at the fan connections, if not check the fuses in the distribution unit.
If no luck you will have to try and trace the cables could be a faulty connection.
Hi Lenny
Thanks for that. We'll have to investigate further. Not sure how to do that without pulling the whole roof out though!! Any suggestions (by anyone) on how to find the fault would be gratefully appreciated.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
If it is a fault in the cabling it is lightly to be at a connection, unlikely to be the cable that runs through the roof as those cables will be a single unbroken length.
When you checked the fuse did you do it with a meter. Blade fuses often look OK but when you check with a meter they are open circuit.

OP
OP
C

cassi444

Free Member
Apr 26, 2021
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autostratus
No we didn't. He has one though, so will try and trace it back to where it's connected, although we have no idea where that is currently! I have so many documents for this vehicle, it's over whelming!!! Not sure where to start looking, but we shall get to it while the bad weather is with us (according to the weather reports!)
Thanks again Lenny :)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Check that he's wired them up correctly, ie positive to positive and neg to neg as sometimes the wiring is the opposite way round from that which you expect ... just ask any German MH owners! :giggle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Another thought ... did you put the control panel on? You'll need it on to run the electrics.
Did you have the ignition turned off of too? The 12v system won't work with the ignition on, even if the engine isn't running.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back