Rally Chat Potential 'Music & Mechanicals' meet July 2016 - South Lincs (1 Viewer)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Not many, sadly.

I will be asking for unit size when we get to making up a list of attendees, so that I can work with the site owner to squeeze in as many as possible (without being silly or compromising their separation rules). They say that 25 is a comfortable number - it's quite a small site. We need to allow some space for the local band members who will also be staying, although some of those will travel for the Sat evening & won't stay overnight.

I will review the whole situation when we get to firm(ish) bookings in Feb/March. I really don't want to turn away 50% of the people who want to come, but the site itself is part of the attraction, so I am reluctant to change the venue. In addition, music sessions only really work well if kept to a sensible size.

We are now at 43 expressions of interest. Obviously not all of those will turn into firm bookings, but it's clear we may well be over-subscribed.

Dammit.. and as we are away when the official list starts I expect we will miss out.. oh well

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
TheCaller
Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Dammit.. and as we are away when the official list starts I expect we will miss out.. oh well
Away AND off internet? There will be a bit of notice before the booking opens.

Always difficult to know how to manage things when it's going to be a scramble. Convention dictates 'first come; first served' but that isn't really any fairer than various other options - for exactly the reasons you highlight. It's only merit is that it removes the organiser from the equation.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Chances are yes.. No internet.. Canna afford the silly costs of interweb on the site we will be on in Spain .. Lifes a bitch but like I say.. hey ho :)

Eve

Free Member
Jan 29, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20 years
I would like to go on the list ?
I am hoping to rally around the country without,having to go back and forth,anyone any ideas of the easiest way to do this???

OP
OP
TheCaller
Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Keeping an eye on the Events calendar for what is happening when & where is probably best.

If you wanted to join & rally with either or both of C&CC and MCC as well as MHF, you could plan a route from rally/meet/temporary holiday site to take you from one event to the next without having to travel too far between them. Between the three organisations, there should be enough things going on to make it possible, certainly during the summer months.

megsdad

Free Member
Aug 15, 2014
Funster No
MH
auto cruise
Exp
1 month
me and er indoors are interested. like Lincoln..

Dec 18, 2010
Norfolk.
Funster No
MH
Autotrail cheyenne
Exp
2008-20??
I have not read the whole thread,but OP did say 25 max and so far over 70 replies most of which I assume are positive this must be very oversubscribed by now.But put us down as well Martin,Sue & Caley(the dog)

May 7, 2013
RUK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On our 2nd MH now a AutoTrail Savannah which we're absolutely delighted with
Can you please add us to the list
Ashley & Ian

OP
OP
TheCaller
Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
I have not read the whole thread,but OP did say 25 max and so far over 70 replies most of which I assume are positive this must be very oversubscribed by now.But put us down as well Martin,Sue & Caley(the dog)
57 expressions of interest so far. But that's all they are - expressions of interest.
See this post Potential 'Music & Mechanicals' meet July 2016 - South Lincs: Booking info for a reminder of what will happen as far as actually booking a place goes. There is further clarification in the posts that follow on down that page.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
As it's not far from our static the chances are that we'll be in that area at the time 'chilling' out - would we be allowed to pop in to say hi if we got the opportunity?

Michelle CV

Free Member
Sep 2, 2015
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm a newbie
Yes I am interested in this - we are new to the club and I am just trying to get my head around how it all works. There has been mention of 'Misterton' on this thread but I have no idea what that is - also where does one find the 'events calendar please.

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
Hi Michelle .................yes it is a bit confusing but don't worry soon you will spend 1/2 your life on here like the rest of us.You wil fnd the events button along the top line in blue 5th in from the right. (y)

Michelle CV

Free Member
Sep 2, 2015
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi Michelle .................yes it is a bit confusing but don't worry soon you will spend 1/2 your life on here like the rest of us.You wil fnd the events button along the top line in blue 5th in from the right. (y)
Thank you - found the event button now. Nothing on there about Misterton or Benidorm though as has been mentioned earlier in the thread - a little less confused but still suffering lol

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Thank you - found the event button now. Nothing on there about Misterton or Benidorm though as has been mentioned earlier in the thread - a little less confused but still suffering lol
Hi, see also the forum section of 'scheduled rallies' .....I'm pretty sure Misterton happened already.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back