Potential legal prevention of UK "aires" and "pub stopovers"? (1 Viewer)

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
I am so terribly sorry Vic, I never realised that one had to obtain your approval before doing anything.
I'll try to remember to go down on my knees and beg your permission in future.

I just wonder who's side you are on....

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Is it not time to call a halt to this thread, its starting to get personal and silly (delete "starting" perhaps). I said earlier the Parliamentary phrase. "everything has been said on this subject, but not everybody has said it yet"

Does that not sum things up.
Perfectly :D.

AXO66

Free Member
Oct 6, 2016
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Chasson 510
Exp
Just a thought, if it’s private land and has no facilities and somehow in the future the fact one’s vehicle had it’s own sewage tank was important in updated legislation.

Could that distinction seperate the motorhomer from the traveller?
And the landowner would need to give permission if a private car park?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Just a thought, if it’s private land and has no facilities and somehow in the future the fact one’s vehicle had it’s own sewage tank was important in updated legislation.

Could that distinction seperate the motorhomer from the traveller?
And the landowner would need to give permission if a private car park?

You’re coming at it from the wrong direction.

The legislation we’re talking about already applies to private land. It also applies to public land that isn’t part of the highway

Geejay

Free Member
Dec 25, 2011
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Exactly Why I stopped Making Regular Comments...Too Many Trolls With Nothing to Do,...and All Day to Do it In !

Me too. This and the similar thread on the "petition" has convinced me this is not a place I want to frequent - too many unpleasant right-wingers with no human empathy.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Exactly Why I stopped Making Regular Comments...Too Many Trolls With Nothing to Do,...and All Day to Do it In !
Me too. This and the similar thread on the "petition" has convinced me this is not a place I want to frequent - too many unpleasant right-wingers with no human empathy.
Then stay and help those of us who think differently :D. No-one is getting hurt: the 'discussion' becomes a little robust at times but only because the subjects discussed are unlikely to be discussed face-to-face.

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
42yearscaravanning&motorhoming
Will this give local authorities the power to move the gypsy and traveller communities on sooner without having to use up resources in getting a court order?
Well you would think so, it's just that all the authorities and powers that be are s##t scared of the travelling community but the indivual motor- -homer is seen as an easy target for the bullyboy authorities.

Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
Instead of just 'liking' this I thought I'd post that I agree. I don't understand why people want to be so rude to fellow motorhomers. Seems to be happening more frequently lately and its not good for newcomers who might be frightened to post something - or even more 'seasoned' ones like me.

Any newcomers could easily just use a twist of salt and pinch of pepper to get properly seasoned quite quickly I would imagine :D2

Hilewaychile

Free Member
Oct 10, 2017
Very variable. UK and Spain are the loci
Funster No
MH
DIY Vaux Movano
Exp
10 years, on and off.
Parliament is content its relevent.... It doesn't follow that it truly is relevant in 2018.

Parliament once decreed it was correct to behead or hang, draw and quarter heretics.... That didn't make it right.
Wrong. It was 'correct' until it was decided that it wasn't. That's not to say that it was not all sorts of other things like immoral, barbarian, uncivilised, cruel etc etc.

Nov 6, 2016
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Chieftain
Exp
Since 2015
With all the talk of "authorities / Parliament / Law / Policing" we are living in a democracy, we choose to holiday in our MH and use CL's, sites, Britstops, Stopovers, but never lay-bys or open spaces, never had any problems but seeing how this thread is going all that is happening is giving those with the power to stop all of staying anywhere but expensive hotels.
We always dump / fill at fully licensed sites and if not stopping are more than happy to pay for the use of same, those who do not wish to pay for anything seem to be those with the loudest voice " He who shouts loudest gets heard "
Please leave those who want a peaceful life to have it, and apply the law where and when necessary, i.e illegal occupation of somebody's land without permission, which i am sure is already fully covered and enforceable, but does not always happen.
Rant over, of for a peaceful night after a pint and meal, at guess where!!
Joe & Sue

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back