LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Thanks for mentioning my very soon to be for sale Hymer guys, much appreciated.

@Gollom as ScotJimland has mentioned ours is a B644 and comes in a tad under 7 metres. She is in very good condition and loaded with solar, inverter, 2 leisure batteries, newly installed air ride, unrated heavey duty front springs, new upholstery throughout, digital and satellite TV aerials, cannot think of anything else but I am sure there is.

I will be listing her on here and eBay any day now, just need to get some photos together. If you are interested send me a PM.
Cheers
Sandra

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
[QUOTE class
Under 6M (B544?)
Much prefer right hand drive (come on left-hooker drivers - sell me on getting one instead!)[/QUOTE]

Have a good think about the LHD/RHD issue. We've had our LHD 2002 B544 Classic since we started this lark 5 years ago. Whilst away in Spain this Winter we discussed changing the van but have decided against it as we couldn't find another layout that we liked as much as the B544 on another make.

But, whilst looking at the likes of Rapido, Burstner or a newer Hymer, I realised that I would have to have LHD as the door is right beside me when driving! I just would not be able to cope without the convenience of being able to pop out easily at the fuel stops and all those other numerous occasions.

Pleased to say all all ideas of changing van now dismissed...Hymers are brilliant...B544 just about the best layout possible in a van under 6 metre. (y)

Last edited:

Silkcut1105

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 3, 2011
Swansea
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
Since 1991
well ive been in colin and sandra,s van and believe me it needs nothing at all doing to it ,tip top condition and well maintained by colin u wont get many vans with a personal name guys .lol

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Our Hymer is a LHD, my husband prefers it to RHD in UK and is definately better in Europe if using the Aires as all the Hab doors are on the same sides of the vans! Meaning you don't step out of your van and bump into your neighbour coming out of their door!
Yes I agree it's fun to sit as a passenger on the right!

triclops

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2013
Bury
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Born again
Our old Hymer (post part ex) being kept locked at Motorhomes & Leisure Vehicles - what you can't see on the photo are the signs saying "No shoes to be worn when entering this van" because Dean didn't want the interior getting dirtied ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• Hymer B564.jpg
    Hymer B564.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 23
Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
Personally, I'd go for a B544 in preference to a B534 or S510/550.

Reason being that the lounge is upfront and integral with the cab area, making an airy, spacious living space.

With the other two, you have the bathroom and wardrobe in the middle, effectively ruling out the cab area as living space.

Just my opinion, but that big open living space is Hymer's best asset. It's a significant compromise to lose it for the sake of a slightly shorter vehicle...

I found that having a rear door entry as on 544 models and with the wife cooking, this stopped urgent entry on rainy days, also having bathroom /wardrobe in the middle this eased access from both drop down bed and U shaped lounge bed when using bathroom at night. Just love the Hymer 534 layout.

OP
OP
Gollom

Gollom

Free Member
Apr 6, 2014
Preston, Lancs
Funster No
MH
Hymer B534 (1994) - Hetty
Exp
Since 2014
May have found a nice Hymer but it's in Saltash which is a looooong way from Preston to go look and then discover it's "not all it's cracked up to be" Guy who's selling is not in a particular hurry

On a Mercedes forum I frequent, members local to the location are happy to go look and feed back at the "yup, worth you travelling" or "would not touch with a bargepole" Could I be so bold to ask if anybody local would help out? Beer tokens or charity donation up for grabs!

It's a 1994 B544 (not quite sure how I will shoehorn it on to my drive!) - did I see something saying that at one stage they were under 6M but changed to 6.07M?

Thanks

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back