Possibly The Wrong Way Round! (1 Viewer)

TR4man

Free Member
Jul 17, 2015
Stourbridge
Funster No
MH
Looking to buy one
Exp
Newbie at moment
Hi all, new to the forum and don't have a motorhome as yet. What we do already have is a smart car that we would like to consider whilst looking to buy a MH. I know salesmen will offer help possibly from a biased point of view so we would be very interested to here what forum members might recommend. Very briefly and ideally we would be looking at something around 5 years old, 2/3 berth favouring fixed single bed or electrically lowered double bed options and somewhere around 6.5-7 metres. As I say we are completely new to this and would be grateful to receive any views, suggestions or advice you can provide.

Many thanks

Steve.b

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Hi Steve - welcome!

I'm very new to motor homing but based on what I've learned so far is that you'd do well to go to a dealership where lots of different makes and models are on show. There's so many different layouts to consider you need to be able to explore lots before choosing. We went to Highbridge Caravans in Somerset first of all. They have masses of pre-owned and new MH's to view - most of them are unlocked so you can just browse on your own without a salesman. We visited there a number of times then went on a whim to Travelworld in Telford where we bought our motorhome - they just happened to have a pre-owned beauty which we couldn't resist!

Good luck with your search!

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Hi Steve and :welc:
The most important factor in selecting a motorhome is layout.
Look at as many different makes and models as you can. After our first van we spent 18 months selecting our current motorhome and I hope we have got it right this time :blush::blush:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back