Possibly a daft MiFi question (1 Viewer)

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Now back in Blighty and getting bored with crap weather so may get up to mischief but better ask first.

The 3 signal on the E586 dongle is not very good here so if I stick my booster into the dongle will it boost the signal or stuff it up?

Quick answers required before cabin fever takes over and I try it

Sep 12, 2012
Wengen
Funster No
MH
A/S Broadway EL 2021
Exp
Since 2010
IMHO I would think:
If it's a wifi booster it will do nothing
If it's a mobile signal booster it might work
However, I don't know a lot about the subject matter, so it might explode & destroy your motorhome! :Eeek:

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Now back in Blighty and getting bored with crap weather so may get up to mischief but better ask first.

The 3 signal on the E586 dongle is not very good here so if I stick my booster into the dongle will it boost the signal or stuff it up?

No as the wifi booster has a diffident aerial, you will need a better db gain aerial for the Mifi.

You can buy them but as a cost! - try putting the mifi on the roof of MH outside MH as shielding happens within the MH which weaking the signal.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022

[HI]Quick answer[/HI]s required before cabin fever takes over and I try it

How about moving to a site with better reception? Your engine and wheels will still work this side of the channel :roflmto::winky:

Deckard

Free Member
Mar 26, 2013
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
...looking
Exp
Noob

Its only daft not to ask :ROFLMAO:

I couldnt find your dongle in this list - 3g signal booster

I'll have another look as i found some other stuff for myself that i havent ordered yet...

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
put the mifi in a waterproof bag and hoist it above the motorhome on a bamboo cane or tie it to the top of a fibre flagpole, height is the key.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deckard

Free Member
Mar 26, 2013
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
...looking
Exp
Noob

forgot to say it wont work for lots of techy reasons...:Doh:

The other thing is fixing isnt quick or cheap as you really need a 3g signal booster...2 options a repeater or an aerial booster (similar to your wifi one)...but as already has been suggested - getting your mifi as high as possible or even just outside the van (especially if its metal skinned)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back