Rally Chat Possible Scotland meet for 2017 (1 Viewer)

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
After Sandra @irnbru suggestion and because there may be people who might be interested in another Scottish meet in 2017. I am willing to have a go at organising a weekend meet. I have never organised a meet before but have attended Sandra's excellent meet and know how enjoyable a small meet can be.
I have found a possible site but have yet to meet with the owners. The site has usual facilities, water, cassette emptying, motorhome water dump, and showers but there is no ehu on the rally field. There is a rally barn on the site which we might be able to use.
It is my intention to go and discuss the possibility of a meet with the site owner and find out what the cost might be and when the site might be available, but before I go and meet with them I would like some suggestions of when might be the most suitable dates and what we might do of an evening. I thought a barbecue on one night and a meal in the village of Auchtermuchty another night could be organised.

Any other advice from you more experienced organisers would be welcomed.

This is the link to the proposed site

If the link does not work then copy and paste

Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
As long as it fits in with the other ones I really don't mind as I'm planning on 3 months in Scotland(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
suggestions of when might be the most suitable dates
That's always the hard part... I think the concensus is the organiser selects the dates and sees what the interest is..
With other meets planned it might be harder so there is no clash..
Andy

OP
OP
normanandsue

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
That's always the hard part... I think the concensus is the organiser selects the dates and sees what the interest is..
With other meets planned it might be harder so there is no clash..
Andy
Andy thanks for mentioning this. I am not intending to interfere in any way with the meets Sandra and friends are organising, in fact I am hopefully booked into the Millport and Kelso meets myself but as the Falkirk meet is now full and the Wick meet is heading that way there may be people who are coming to Scotland and would like a small meet.

Lorryman100

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2015
UK/Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
27/11/2015
Interested in attending depending on dates etc. Will be up in the Wick area but not the same dates as the meet irnbru organized due to leave restrictions. At least with all these meets being organized North of the border the local Polish community will be raking it in!!:whistle:o_O:)

car%20wah.jpg

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Andy thanks for mentioning this. I am not intending to interfere in any way with the meets Sandra and friends are organising, in fact I am hopefully booked into the Millport and Kelso meets myself but as the Falkirk meet is now full and the Wick meet is heading that way there may be people who are coming to Scotland and would like a small meet.
I'm always interested in any Scottish meet.. one of my favourite places so will be watch this one for dates if it happens..
I think the smaller meets are by far and away the best... you get a better chance to meet people properly..
I'm caught between touring Norway and trying to get to Orkney next summer ... will have to make a decision by turn of the year...
Andy

May 7, 2013
RUK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On our 2nd MH now a AutoTrail Savannah which we're absolutely delighted with
Being raised with my grand parents in Dunshalt next door we'd be very interested too especially if it could "attached" to the back of the Falkirk meet.
Very warm regards
Ashley & Ian(ceilidh dancers par excellence!!)

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
The Kelso meet is not yet organised and no names taken as I am still waiting for them to get back to me.

Sorry........ I am chasing them though.

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Very interested put us down for this please if we can help In any way please ask X Kate

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
The Kelso meet is not yet organised and no names taken as I am still waiting for them to get back to me.

Sorry........ I am chasing them though.[/QUOTE

Where are you thinking of ha ring this meet ? We stayed at the Showground there once with mcc absolutely loved it there

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
@Ambilkate the showground is already booked so that was a non-starter. I am talking to a place with a largish flat car park that isn't used at that time of year. Should the owner decide against the hire I will ask the race course if we can have one of their car parking fields.

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
@Ambilkate the showground is already booked so that was a non-starter. I am talking to a place with a largish flat car park that isn't used at that time of year. Should the owner decide against the hire I will ask the race course if we can have one of their car parking fields.

Can't wait hope you are able to sort it love Kelso can we be first on ya list when you do start it pretty please ;)

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
Not for me - too much chance of The Proclaimers turning up :) Only joking :) bit too far for next year.

OP
OP
normanandsue

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Thanks to all who have responded to this thread, I am going to wait until Sandra@irnbru has her dates finalised her "4 meets in Scotland" then I shall be in a position to sort out a date for our meet.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Us too again date dependent. Haven't been "North of the Border" for a couple of years.

triclops

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2013
Bury
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Born again
We would definitely be interested - missed getting on the Falkirk do and doesn't look like we will be allowed to do the Caithness rally

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
Could be interested, would love it if someone did an Autumn Meet usually good weather and no midges (y)

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
What do you think of as autumn?
Anytime late September beginning of October, may be too late for some but we usually find weather pretty settled then. Think the only other meet at present (in France) finishes on 20th Sept.
Would make a good start for a Highland Tour;) Love to hear those Stags at that time of year :D

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back