Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
Hi All

I think I have an electrical fault on my Rapido MH the faults I have are the following

Reverse camera has stopped working by both selecting reverse gear or viewing it through the stereo head unit its just a blank black screen

The fridge does not select battery when I have the engine running and the gas turned off and the 240v cable disconnected it keeps trying to ignite and trying to select gas when in auto mode if I select battery with engine running it beeps and a red light flashes.

Lastly my MH has the ducato 2.3 ltd engine with the auto gearbox and when I come to start the vehicle I don't need the press the foot brake I can just turn the key whilst standing outside the cab and she will fire up now I can't remember if this is how its always been but usually on auto vehilces you need to have the foot brake pressed down before it will start maybe someone with the fiat auto box could confirm this for me

Many Thanks

LB

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I have a 2.3 comfortmattic and yes, I have to press the brake to start..... can't help with the other I'm afraid..

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
The camera is just likely to be loose connection. Pull the head unit out and check all the connections, if that doesn't do it check the connection to the camera.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Lanerboy

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
The camera is just likely to be loose connection. Pull the head unit out and check all the connections, if that doesn't do it check the connection to the camera.

Its something to do with the fridge and the starting issues I think as ALL of these issues have started at exactly the same time so will be booking it in with the dealer as I have had an issue before behind the dash with the electrics regards my outside light

Feb 13, 2013
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Rapido 881F
Exp
Since 2015
Interesting - Our reversing camera on our Rapido suddenly stopped working but after some 'mucking about' with head unit options and leaving it a day it worked again! Note much help too you I know!

If anyone can tell me how to remove the head unit, a Pioneer unit, that would be appreciated!

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Its something to do with the fridge and the starting issues I think as ALL of these issues have started at exactly the same time so will be booking it in with the dealer as I have had an issue before behind the dash with the electrics regards my outside light

They are problems with three completely separate systems.

The chances of there being one single problem/solution are pretty remote.

The camera for example is connected directly to the head unit by one single unbroken cable that does not go anywhere else and is not interfaced with any other system.

The only possible thing that could have caused everything might be some kind of voltage surge that's fried random bits of electronics but that's incredibly unlikely. If it does turn out to be that then it will be three separate solutions - new camera, new PCB in the fridge and new whatever the interlock is on the ignition.

OP
OP
Lanerboy

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
I had some work done a few months ago regards my outside light never worked from ne and it turned out to be a electrical wire fault behind the dash which was spiking the wire for the light it did work but only now and again and the technician at Brownhills told me it was also causing an issue with the fridge not charging off the battery

All 3 of the faults have happened at the same time they were working on Friday but when we came to leave site on Sunday they were all faulty

Apr 10, 2010
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since Sept 2003
I have a Comfortmatic and you do need to have the brake pedal depressed to start it.

Do the brake lights work? I imagine that's how the system detects the brake pedal is depressed.

OP
OP
Lanerboy

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
Yes the brake lights work correctly and so do all other lights the starting fault may work through the brake pedal switch but I still think all 3 faults are linked somehow as its too much of a coincidence for all 3 things to fail at the same time

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back