Positive Test Before Returning to the UK - What Would Happen? (1 Viewer)

Dec 7, 2009
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun Ti
Exp
Since Dec 2009
Worst case scenario - what would happen if your pre-return to UK antigen / PCR test is positive?

I assume you would be denied travel home via Tunnel or ferry but I cannot find any info about self isolation requirements in France for tourists in motorhomes. Can you officially self isolate in a motorhome?

Booked to travel over in a couple of weeks - hoping to get a trip in before the next change of policy and want to consider all possible events. We are both double jabbed and have 2 dogs with us.

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
Worst case scenario - what would happen if your pre-return to UK antigen / PCR test is positive?

I assume you would be denied travel home via Tunnel or ferry but I cannot find any info about self isolation requirements in France for tourists in motorhomes. Can you officially self isolate in a motorhome?

Booked to travel over in a couple of weeks - hoping to get a trip in before the next change of policy and want to consider all possible events. We are both double jabbed and have 2 dogs with us.
I've wondered about that and don't know the answer. Air b and b maybe
No campsite is going to want you

But surely motorhoming in France, you've only got the tiniest chance of catching it. (Apparently or so I've read)

I have a friend who works in the travel industry and she says they are just waiting for all the problems relating to tourists testing positive before their return

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Don’t know about France, but here in Portugal if you are a tourist and have a positive test to travel back to the U.K., the government is notified, they contact you and provide an isolation hotel for you to stay in, at no cost to you, until you test negative to be released. Here on the Algarve, the designated hotel is the 4* Pestana Blue in Alvor!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
OwnedbyCollies
Dec 7, 2009
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun Ti
Exp
Since Dec 2009
4* Pestana Blue in Alvor!
Wow - sounds like Portugal is the place to go!

Seriously though, I know the risk is small (both fully vaccinated, self contained in MH, tendency to avoid people :rolleyes:) and maybe I am overthinking it but I like to be organised and cover as many bases as possible. It's the dogs that we would be worried about if we had to self-isolate.

It would be better, in the event of a positive test, to be allowed to return through the tunnel as planned, go straight home and isolate there instead.

Oct 19, 2020
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
I'm a newbie!
I've wondered this too. And, with a family of four, you can imagine the scenario. Child 1 tests positive so you're refused travel. Meanwhile, child 2 catches it so 10 days later tests positive. And so it could go on. I can understand on aircraft/ferries that they'd not want you to board because of the risk to other passengers, but last time we took the tunnel you weren't allowed out of the car anyway so the risk would be negligible.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back