LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
As any body got any books on learning ,or c/ds or dvds. the language . I will pay for them . And the postage. Help needed .

OP
OP
cruiser

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
Thanks for all that. And Thanks @JJ. Will try that . But would love to get my hands on any books and Cds.

WSandME

Free Member
Aug 9, 2016
Wigan-ish
Funster No
MH
Hymer B660 Bestline
Exp
SInce 2006
Duolingo only has Brazilian Portuguese.

From the Duolingo site:

"On Duolingo, we'll teach you Brazilian Portuguese, but you'll also be understood in Portugal."

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
From the Duolingo site:

"On Duolingo, we'll teach you Brazilian Portuguese, but you'll also be understood in Portugal."

Maybe.... but you will need to learn many, many different words for the same things to understand what is being said TO YOU (and the alternatives are not given on the Duolingo app...)

For me it is hard enough to understand what the locals are saying to me without having to deal with different words for the same things!

JJ :cool:

WSandME

Free Member
Aug 9, 2016
Wigan-ish
Funster No
MH
Hymer B660 Bestline
Exp
SInce 2006
hard enough to understand what the locals are saying to me without having to deal with different words for the same things!
Not speaking either Portuguese or Brazilian Portuguese, I can't offer anything other than what Duolingo says. I can get by in French and Italian, and am using Duolingo to brush up on those. I was considering using Duolingo to prepare me for the next trip to Portugal. Do you reckon that Duolingo won't be able to help me?
I have to say that even though Portuguese is a Romance language (which I thought I'd be able to adapt to because of what little knowledge I have of I, F and GB), it sounds, when spoken, more like Russian to me !

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Agree, definately sounds like Russian! I thought it'd be similar to Spanish, and it is a bit, but defo sounds like Russian to me;)

teknik155

Free Member
Apr 9, 2012
irthlingborough
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2002
Hi there Mick Go online and download the northamptonshire Adult Learning Courses brochure go to page 8, 2/3 of the way down the page is course number SLBK01BA 10 week course at Abington Bowling Club on Wednesday 10.00 to 12.00 on "Portugese the basics " The course started on 10/1/18 and for you the price is £38. I know you have missed the start of this one but you could get the next one. Hope this helps you out.

OP
OP
cruiser

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
Thanks to you all. And thanks @teknik I am on that course already . I was just hoping for any books or cds , to help.

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
lido had sum coerces in last week we got the french one
bill

Mar 14, 2017
Peak District
Funster No
MH
4 wheels on my wagon
Exp
Since 2013
Not speaking either Portuguese or Brazilian Portuguese, I can't offer anything other than what Duolingo says. I can get by in French and Italian, and am using Duolingo to brush up on those. I was considering using Duolingo to prepare me for the next trip to Portugal. Do you reckon that Duolingo won't be able to help me?
I have to say that even though Portuguese is a Romance language (which I thought I'd be able to adapt to because of what little knowledge I have of I, F and GB), it sounds, when spoken, more like Russian to me !

I Started to learn A little with Duolingo,but stopped when I realized it was Brazilian portuguese rather than European portuguese.
Strange thing is, if you can read French, it’s easier to read Portuguese as many of the words are similar to French.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back