• Do you need a house sitter? Are you a house sitter? Use this forum to hook up with each other and arrange house-sitting and pet care etc.  MotorhomeFun takes no responsibility for any aspect of the house sit and only provides this forum as a way of introduction. Vetting and due diligence is the responsibility of the individual.  You are advised to use a formal agreement an example of which can be found here

HOUSE OWNERS
    Tell us roughly where you are, the dates you require, what you are looking for, if you accept pets, largest motorhome you could accommodate etc.

SITTERS
    Tell us about you, your van, any pets, any house sitting experience, where you would travel to etc

House Sitter Reqd Portugal (1 Viewer)

Apr 17, 2017
Ferring
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne 840
Exp
Since 2017
Just thought I'd put the feelers out.
We have a place in Montargil Portugal where my mother in law resides. If anyone would like to house sit for a few weeks every so often so she could visit relatives/friends back in the U.K.
There would be use of electric, water and a self contained cottage obviously free of charge.
In return we would expect the chickens, geese, dog and cat to be fed and watered once a day.
The property sits on quite a few acres so obviously no problem whatsoever for any size motorhome.
My mother in law would be happy to come back for visits at any time of the year.
Feel free to ask any questions

Last edited:

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
Hi. We've done house sitting in Greece several times looking after dogs and cats. Geese would be a new experience. We're free most of the time being retired so would be happy to give this a go.

OP
OP
Rockcrawler
Apr 17, 2017
Ferring
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne 840
Exp
Since 2017
Hi. We've done house sitting in Greece several times looking after dogs and cats. Geese would be a new experience. We're free most of the time being retired so would be happy to give this a go.
That's good to hear we will be in touch

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Marzipan

Free Member
Sep 29, 2013
North Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
1990-1993 and 2013 onwards
We could be available to house, dog, cat, chickens and geese-sit in May or June 2018. Have kept chickens before but not geese, but happy to try :). We would have our own dog traveling with us.

OP
OP
Rockcrawler
Apr 17, 2017
Ferring
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne 840
Exp
Since 2017
We could be available to house, dog, cat, chickens and geese-sit in May or June 2018. Have kept chickens before but not geese, but happy to try :). We would have our own dog traveling with us.
Unfortunately my mother in law's dog is great with people but not good with other dogs

Marzipan

Free Member
Sep 29, 2013
North Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
1990-1993 and 2013 onwards
No worries, just an offer :unsure:

Jul 30, 2017
Romney Marsh (St Mary's Bay)
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Since 2008
Just thought I'd put the feelers out.
We have a place in Montargil Portugal where my mother in law resides. If anyone would like to house sit for a few weeks every so often so she could visit relatives/friends back in the U.K.
There would be use of electric, water and a self contained cottage obviously free of charge.
In return we would expect the chickens, geese, dog and cat to be fed and watered once a day.
The property sits on quite a few acres so obviously no problem whatsoever for any size motorhome.
My mother in law would be happy to come back for visits at any time of the year.
Feel free to ask any questions

Hi Rockcrawler,

Happy to house and zoo sit at any time six weeks at a time.

Bernie

chesterfield hooligan

LIFE MEMBER
May 12, 2009
Hucknall, Nottingham, UK
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
10 years
Hi we are of to Spain Portugal for the winter with no plan's to be anywhere in particular, we have looked after Wildman's small holding no geese but plenty of horse's, cow's and some dog's no problem if it help's.

:party2::party2::party2::party2::party2:
just let us know in plenty of time​

Jul 31, 2017
Funster No
Hi , I spend my winters in Portugal from Oct / March. I don't have any kind of schedule and would be free any time between these dates ,I am a animal lover fullstop especialy dogs.Send me a PM and I wil give you a phone no and email.

Sep 19, 2016
Llyn Peninsula
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus t7
Exp
Four years
We could help out in June/July next year. Used to all sorts of animals, lost our elderly dog a few years ago, so have no dog to upset yours.

Lynne

OP
OP
Rockcrawler
Apr 17, 2017
Ferring
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne 840
Exp
Since 2017
Looking for house sitters from Feb 2018 onwards if anyone is interested ( see first post )

Last edited:

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
We would be interested, but we have a dog. She does get on fine with other dogs and is in no way aggressive.

OP
OP
Rockcrawler
Apr 17, 2017
Ferring
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne 840
Exp
Since 2017
We would be interested, but we have a dog. She does get on fine with other dogs and is in no way aggressive.
Unfortunately I'd love to say yes:D but my mother in law's dog is great with people but not with other dogs even when we take our Boxer Heidi there we have to keep them apart much to Heidi's digust as she just wants to play:rolleyes: but thank you for the offer(y)

OP
OP
Rockcrawler
Apr 17, 2017
Ferring
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne 840
Exp
Since 2017
We can definitely help out next September if that's any help for the future
Hi yes that would be great thank you will be in touch nearer the time (y)
Just need a few takers for the beginning of the year :whistle:

Sep 19, 2016
Llyn Peninsula
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus t7
Exp
Four years
Just wondering if you got something sorted for February, can I ask if there is a shop within walking distance for everyday supplies

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back