Portugal tolls (1 Viewer)

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Try the link below, I printed a set of maps detailing all roads and location of toll registers.
Easytoll looks the best way to go, you register your credit/debit card with your registration number at one of the entry points and your account will then be automatically charged . There are very few toll booths if any in many areas , your vehicle plate is clocked by arches at different points. You do risk a heav fine for non payment/avoidance.

I am going into Portugal mid February and intent to use Easy toll.

Lots of info on the web :thumb:
Good luck

Link Removed

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
opppssssssssss i wondered what that was lol i have also checked and you cant pay after using the motorways so now i have to take the risk of a possible fine its also stranger after telling the sat nav non tolls roads its has taken me on the tolls in portugal so maybe the sat nav can pay the fine should i leave the country now or wait to be deported :Sad:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Please be aware that there are two types of toll roads in Portugal.

The old ones have booths which have pay stations. You pick up a ticket when you join it. These ones are shown on my sat nav.

The new toll roads are not manned, do not appear as toll roads on Tomtom maps yet and are controlled by "electronic eyes" on overhead gantries.

There are ways to pay on these latest types elsewhere on the site. I have local plates so I use a different system.

JJ :Doh::Cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
jj i just hired a car here so how do i register for paying with that 1 the dealer said the tolls are my responsibility :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back