bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Don't suppose anyone is interested. 😁 Bob.

Screenshot_20210615-132917_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210615-132946_Chrome.jpg

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
I am going as soon as I am ready regardless....I hope Spain Morocco Ferry will be operational by he time I get there.
Many do too.... however the relationship between Spain and Morocco is a little unsettled just now...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
If I'm reading the articl correctly, the king would like to have a ferry operating from Portimao but there is no quote from any ferry company confirming it?

Deleted User
Not the first time that this has been discussed, a quick google search shows 2 articles from English language papers in Portugal from 2015 and 2019.
Both came to nothing presumably because the subsidies offered were not enough to make the route financially viable for any ferry operators, perhaps more subsidy is on the table this time.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
So this article would seem to indicate that Morocco is opening up for overseas visitors, the first news about it I've read. Up to now I had thought that Morocco was still firmly locked down however perhaps there is instead some form of political gerrymandering with Spain going on.

I'm somewhat encouraged as we can't wait to get back to our favourite destination!

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
So this article would seem to indicate that Morocco is opening up for overseas visitors, the first news about it I've read. Up to now I had thought that Morocco was still firmly locked down however perhaps there is instead some form of political gerrymandering with Spain going on.

I'm somewhat encouraged as we can't wait to get back to our favourite destination!

Jun 7, 2021
Newcastle-under-Lyme, UK
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Here is another issue:
I am planning to travel in my campervan to Morocco through France and Spain (hopefully the sea borders will be open by the time I get there) or through Portugal, France or italy.
Strict requirement by the French Authority to have Travel insurance.

Here is the problem:
The FCDO advice at present is to not travel to amber or red countries. Text below is copied from FCDO website:
“Coronavirus (COVID-19) travel
Follow current COVID-19 rules where you live: England, Scotland, Wales and Broken Link Removed.
To prevent new COVID variants from entering the UK, you should not travel to amber or red list countries.
To understand the risks in a country follow FCDO Travel Advice.
When you return, follow the rules to enter the UK from abroad (except from Ireland).”

The text below is from an insurance provider website:
“When it comes to Travel Insurance, the government continues to reinforce that “getting the right Travel Insurance is one of the most important things you can do before you go”, but it is important to remember that most Travel Insurance policies will not cover you if you travel against FCDO advice, which is not necessarily consistent with the green, amber and red lists.”

So basically, I could be paying a lot of money for travel insurance knowing it will not cover me for anything.
Am I getting this right?
What is everybody doing about this?
even worse than I thought...Just checked the forums here about Travel insurance. i does not seem that anyone is able to get them............I feel Trapped now. does anyone know which travel insurance provider I should use?

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Most of us will be needing annual policies with extensions to cover trips longer than 30 days. We've been doing this for a long time anyway.

If you've purchased a travel insurance product that includes in this case Morocco then I find it hard to see how they can wriggle out of it unless you actually get covid.

Bolti

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 13, 2017
Hondon Valley and the Kellets
Funster No
MH
Rapido V43
Exp
Since 2015
Nationwide.
Nationwide do not send out insurance certificates. When I contacted the bank for the certificate I was told to contact the insurance company. They confirmed verbally, yes I am covered but they do not issue certificates. If I require assistance I should ring would I like the number to put in my phone.
So how do you prove to the French you have cover?

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Nationwide do not send out insurance certificates. When I contacted the bank for the certificate I was told to contact the insurance company. They confirmed verbally, yes I am covered but they do not issue certificates. If I require assistance I should ring would I like the number to put in my phone.
So how do you prove to the French you have cover?
I have a letter each year from Nationwide showing length of cover and stating our medical exemptions.BUSBY.

Bolti

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 13, 2017
Hondon Valley and the Kellets
Funster No
MH
Rapido V43
Exp
Since 2015
I have a letter each year from Nationwide showing length of cover and stating our medical exemptions.BUSBY.
Used to get that up until about 3-4 years ago. now they insist that no documents are issued.
I wonder if it is because you have medical exemptions?

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Used to get that up until about 3-4 years ago. now they insist that no documents are issued.
I wonder if it is because you have medical exemptions?
Still get one.I have it with me here in Spain at the moment.Issued last Aug.BUSBY.

Sep 11, 2020
Funster No
MH
Fiat Lunar
Exp
I’m a newbie
One to watch , talk here in Cyprus to restart a ferry from Greek mainland to Limassol via Rhode,s local paper quotes 184 euro They hope to have it up and running next year .Would make a perfect place for motorhomes no restrictions anywhere.

Sep 11, 2020
Funster No
MH
Fiat Lunar
Exp
I’m a newbie
One to watch , talk here in Cyprus to restart a ferry from Greek mainland to Limassol via Rhode,s local paper quotes 184 euro They hope to have it up and running next year .Would make a perfect place for motorhomes no restrictions anywhere

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back