Free Member
Jul 30, 2008
Warrington
Funster No
MH
Knaus SUN TI
Exp
since 2006
We are in Oliva between Benidorm and Valencia at present, we have 5 weeks until our tunnel back. Thinking of going to Portugal as it is a country we have never been to.We are after some advice where we should go aires or ACSI sites preferably near the coast with somewhere we could get the dogs in the sea and near a town.
I prefer not to use toll roads but I believe you are better using them in Portugal, any advice on payment methods would be appreciated .

May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
missmollie THIS may help. It’s a story I wrote in 2015 of our experience crossing the border. Things may well have changed now as the system is no longer new. Hope it is of assistance. The photos have been lost by the CAMC forum

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi..
Lots of places to stay. Orbitur camp sites-Aires Coastal tracks... some can be interesting,we once herded a herd of goats for about a mile,not a soul in site, Nazare... If your into big wave surf watching,you..COULD ? at one time stay overnight. Cafe/toilets viewing platforms Come up a bit higher. e.mail. Pacfozdoarelho@gmail.com Stayed here and about to go again. Favourite ? ( Its an hour away. Praia de Mira.) Orbitur site 200 yds from town there...Maybe a free overnight spot a bit out... BUT.. Things have changed since we last went.
Tolls. I am out of date with these,you used to be able to go to a Post office and Buy Via Verde Coupons. We now use Bip and Go tag. so no worries.
Speeding at your own risk. Stopping at Stop signs...A MUST. Pedestrians have right of way on crossings and will Lurch out across anywhere as well.
People.... Generous to a fault,if you can speak a little french,most of the older folk will understand you. Portugal-France World cup 20o6.
There are so many Portuguese in France,it was considered a Home Win.... Whoever won.
Just Enjoy.
Tea Bag

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 19, 2020
Funster No
MH
DBM 7150
Exp
Since 2016
We were in Portugal with dogs in early 2020 just before Covid... The aires along the Algarve coast were NOT very dog friendly... Inland was much better and so was the west coast but it wasn't touristy... Where possible we wild camp but that may be more difficult now in Portugal.

Colino

Free Member
Jan 19, 2021
Funster No
MH
Hobby T65HFL
I was there a couple weeks ago although not in the mh. I was on the bike. We stayed off the toll roads, the non toll roads were very quiet. We rode to Coimbra and Peniche. Lots of lovely places and huge beautiful empty beaches. Portuguese people are brilliant in my opinion. As for where to stay with the mh, sorry but i can't help you there.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back