Portugal, Portuguese PM’s statement yesterday FYI. ( virus stuff) (1 Viewer)

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
COVID - 19

PORTUGAL PRIME MINISTER'S ADDRESS TO THE NATION

António Costa appealed this Thursday to the "sense of community" to face Covid-19 and confirmed several preventive measures.

The Prime Minister made a communication to the country this Thursday to announce not only the closing of schools, but also several preventive measures, among them, the temporary closing of nightclubs and the conditioning of the capacity of restaurants and shopping centres in Portugal.

1 Schools, day care centres and universities will suspend all classroom teaching and non-teaching activities in schools at all levels of education as of Monday to at least until April 9,

2 Regarding the elderly, the Prime minister announced that the limitations on visits to nursing homes are extended to the entire country

3. Ban on disembarkation of cruises. Except for residents those who arrive from cruises cannot disembark in Portugal, they are only allowed to take on fuel supply.

4 Closure of night clubs. For now, and with no date scheduled for reopening, "discos and similar establishments" are closed.

5 The capacity of catering establishments is reduced by one third (in order to have more space between tables, thus reducing the risk of contagion).

6 The capacity of people in shopping centres and public services is limited.

7. Restrictions can also be created for access to public services, namely by requiring queues to be formed outside and not inside waiting areas.

AS AT 12TH March Portugal had 78 confirmed cases and 637 suspected cases.

UPDATE - SUMMARY OF MAIN MEASUES HERE

<Broken link removed>

FULL DETAILS AND COMPENSATION PACKAGES FOR THOSE OFF WORK (KNOWN AT THIS TIME) ANNOUNCED HERE

<Broken link removed>

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
I saw on the news Italy are doing the same re shops. Only food shops and pharmacies can open, where people were made to queue outside and go in one at a time.
I’m thinking shops that are closed could offer home deliveries, with stuff left at the door, otherwise there are going to be a lot of bankruptcies.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I saw on the news Italy are doing the same re shops. Only food shops and pharmacies can open, where people were made to queue outside and go in one at a time.
I’m thinking shops that are closed could offer home deliveries, with stuff left at the door, otherwise there are going to be a lot of bankruptcies.
I think most shops are geared up to do quite a small% of their business by home delivery. I can see them introducing delivery charges if it's less than a certain value.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Was out in Silves tonight, very quiet, restaurant virtually empty, and a sign on the aire barrier refusing new arrivals ?

Does that mean you can stay in the park?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
I think we can stay as long as we are already here. Will check what’s what tomorrow as the sign went up between us going out late afternoon and getting back tonight. The town was quiet as Dave said and the restaurant that was absolutely heaving last weekend had about 12 customers including us tonight :(

OP
OP
BreweryDave

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Does that mean you can stay in the park?

yes, as Ven said, if you’re on, that’s fine. We came away for a few days and will return home today without issue, but if we were to go travelling about, I suspect we wouldn’t get on another aire, new arrivals being refused effectively will stop movement, as I expect thus isn’t an isolated closure.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back