Portugal over Christmas and New Year (1 Viewer)

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
£75 is a one off fee unless you book a ferry with them..I just book the cheapest one way ferry they have on offer and then if i go via Bilbao use their ferry some other time,,just change the date to suit,,BUSBY,,
That's a great idea. Thanks

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
If you stay at Touristcampo try the English run bar in next village,,Espiche,,and The Grape Vine restaurant that is owned by a South African called Leo,,,,superb food,,,,,BUSBY,,

OP
OP
Oscar
Nov 26, 2014
Never on the wrong road ......
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2014, before that 20 years of boating & caravanning
Just got a quote from Turiscampo for a December stay - unless you stay +30 days there is a 5 euros per day per dog charge! ouch! :(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
is there any camp sites open over Christmas's and what sort of temperatures could you expect is it warm enough for siting out never ben to Portugal for a holiday
were ether heding there or Benidorm med cost or around that aria
bill

OP
OP
Oscar
Nov 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Not been to either but looks to be plenty of sites open over Christmas & New Year both in Spain & Portugal. Not hot but warmer than the UK

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
Just got a quote from Turiscampo for a December stay - unless you stay +30 days there is a 5 euros per day per dog charge! ouch! :(
We booked with them and said we had an ACSI card - we didn't get the dog charge. Maybe worth trying that.

OP
OP
Oscar
Nov 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
We booked with them and said we had an ACSI card - we didn't get the dog charge. Maybe worth trying that.
I said on my original email that we had an ACSI card but I was sent a copy of the normal tariff, they also said they had space in the north area of the campsite, but we're not sure where that is. I've emailed them again asking for clarification regarding the dog charge & which pitches are available. I'll post back when I get a response.

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
We will be down that way over Xmas and New Year, well that's if the MH doesnt go back to the dealer (that's another story). We spent last Xmas over there as well but stayed away from the popular camp sites as wanted peace and quiet and we dont need a lot of services just somewhere to get water and empty cassette. We also take the car with us on a trailer (not for some i know but does give us the ability to park in land and travel where we want leaving the MH on a site). Weather last year was pretty good, not hot hot but enought for us around 18 - 22 degress, Xmas day was very sunny not a cloud in the sky. It was our first time in the Algarve but we liked it so much we are going back again :) We do need to visit some family in Spain near Alicante for a couple of days but we will probably pop over and go back using the car. The roads are not that good even on the motorway using our smart as it does tend to feel every bump but saying that they are better than some i have seen. All in all a very pleasant experience :)

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
I said on my original email that we had an ACSI card but I was sent a copy of the normal tariff, they also said they had space in the north area of the campsite, but we're not sure where that is. I've emailed them again asking for clarification regarding the dog charge & which pitches are available. I'll post back when I get a response.
That will be the top of the site,,Its the sunniest..One of the best sites anywhere,,BUSBY..

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
@busby - the available pitches are at the top of the Monchique area - don't know if you recall this area? Thanks
Nothing wrong with any of the top pitches on that site,,BUSBY..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back