Portugal campsite near Albufeira, a little gem (1 Viewer)

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Durrrrr.....

What Anna has said Maggie.. I totally agree with,
A very friendly homely site not big...but big enough...
There is a new layby just after the site entrance, this layby back's onto Pedro's football pitch on the campsite....you could pull in there and walk in and have a look make sure there is a place for you...and the pitch suits you...and see if you are going to like campsite...you must go up to the villa. (there are 7 apartments up there)..There is a… games,TV, social room...swimming pools ..A toilet and shower...also a nice area to sit or walk around just above to the rear of the TV room with good views..

We booked for 4 nights and stayed for 13.....and all the time we stayed at the campsite it was only half full...or… half empty..
Most motorhomers that do come in... Say we are only stopping one night ...BUT end up stopping longer:thumb: it grows on you::bigsmile:

Also just about 2km away from the campsite is a new filling station that sells LPG...GPL ..auto gas… for those that have re-fillable gas bottles or inboard tanks....the price for the LPG was 0.83c per ltr at the time of our purchase

Coordination’s for the LPG station……LPG pump is where the green arrow points
[HI]N37.09535 W8.304507[/HI]If you put these Coordination’s into Google maps, you will see Pedro site, pools and the football pitch, also the layby…the layby now is a proper landscaped tarmac parking area with waste bins..not a dirt parking area like on Google earth.
[HI]N37.108028 W8.307091[/HI]

The Camping area is at the opposite end to the football pitch
This is the cords for the camping area….it now has white stones laid on the ground.
[HI]N37.108863 W8.306713
[/HI]
Mel

Please could some knowledgeable person translate these into the degrees format :thanks2:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
turn right out of the gate at marjal follow the signs to nowhere and then follow ya nose :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Now, how do I get to put it on Google Earth or maps....:Eeek:

Paste any co-ords into the Google maps search box.

Or enter them into your Sat.Nav.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Look on www.parqueautocaravanasalbufeira.com follow directions from map....simples :ROFLMAO:
What do you need a satnav for, buy a good map:thumb:

I suggest a map and a good sat nav.

The map for an overall journey plan and the sat nav for the fine details. I have never found a map that will tell me how far to the next manouver, the speed limit of the road you are on and the nearest McDonalds. Not mention a host of other useful features.

I am pretty sure anyone who travels a lot on unknown roads who believes a map is as good as a sat nav simply hasn't used a sat nav properly (or at all).

And lastly, in motorhomes where weight and space are at a premium, where do you store every A to Z street map of every town and city in the whole of Europe?

Sat Navs (TomTom) Rool...

JJ

Last edited:

Deleted User
Must admit that over the years in my chosen profession I amassed a huge collection of street maps for almost every major town and city in the UK, now thankfully not needed. I now have a collection of tourist maps for most major cities in Spain but use internet maps more and more.
I will concede that a satnav would be useful on the rare :ROFLMAO: occasions when my navigator gets me lost and i haven't got enough hands to hold the map and drive but as you say I would never use one for route planning.
I will probably succumb to the new fangled technology eventually though, if only to relieve the stress on my navigator who tends to fall asleep at critical moments.::bigsmile::thumb:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Must admit that over the years in my chosen profession I amassed a huge collection of street maps for almost every major town and city in the UK, now thankfully not needed. I now have a collection of tourist maps for most major cities in Spain but use internet maps more and more.
I will concede that a satnav would be useful on the rare :ROFLMAO: occasions when my navigator gets me lost and i haven't got enough hands to hold the map and drive but as you say I would never use one for route planning.
I will probably succumb to the new fangled technology eventually though, if only to relieve the stress on my navigator who tends to fall asleep at critical moments.::bigsmile::thumb:
I take the coordinates from MS Autoroute and enter them into the TomTom as waypoints, that way it takes me the route I want to go. I find it invaluable for the last few minutes of an unfamiliar destination here in the UK, but especially abroad for the majority of journeys. :thumb:
I also have to add that the European Truck maps are a definite boon.

Regards,

Jock.

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Please could some knowledgeable person translate these into the degrees format :thanks2:

Now, how do I get to put it on Google Earth or maps....:Eeek:

If you paste the given numbers (co-ordinates) in the OP into Google Maps it will show it on a map for you.

I suppose you'll be wanting someone to drive you there next. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I've tested it and it works. :Doh:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
If you paste the given numbers (co-ordinates) in the OP into Google Maps it will show it on a map for you.

I suppose you'll be wanting someone to drive you there next. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I've tested it and it works. :Doh:
Keith,

I've even done it and provided both the map and Google Earth view for him Broken Link Removed.

Regards,

Jock.

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
I suggest a map and a good sat nav.

The map for an overall journey plan and the sat nav for the fine details. I have never found a map that will tell me how far to the next manouver, the speed limit of the road you are on and the nearest McDonalds. Not mention a host of other useful features.

I am pretty sure anyone who travels a lot on unknown roads who believes a map is as good as a sat nav simply hasn't used a sat nav properly (or at all).

And lastly, in motorhomes where weight and space are at a premium, where do you store every A to Z street map of every town and city in the whole of Europe?

Sat Navs (TomTom) Rool...

JJ

This is the FIRST TIME ... JJ.... I whole heartedly agree with you:thumb::winky::winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: and what wise words from you:whatthe:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Exp
9 years !!!!
I am a Luddite !!!!

[HI]I suppose you'll be wanting someone to drive you there next. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:[/HI]I've tested it and it works. :Doh:

That I can manage having many miles under my belt !!:Blush:

It is the cutting, pasting and the myriad of tasks on a computer that I find extremely hard to fathom !:Doh:

Your GPS Conversion was damn useful though !!!:thanks2:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Exp
9 years !!!!
Durrrrr....again !

Paste any co-ords into the Google maps search box.

[HI]Or enter them into your Sat.Nav.
[/HI]

That I can do and have done !! :thumb: I just wanted to see the lie of the land as it were !!:Cool::Cool::Cool:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
In the absence of an internet connection, when you can't use the GPS converter, try entering the co-ords as they come, and if it's a TomTom you are using, I think you'll find that it automatically converts them to the format selected, thereby giving you the correct destination. This can be confirmed by scrolling through the route details as text.

Or, you could go into preferences, and change the format to suit the co-ords you are given. :thumb:

Cheers,

Jock.

P.S. The MS Autoroute comes in very handy in the absence of an internet connection, ie, no Google maps. :winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back