LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
It is the free aire in the All the Aires. If you don't have that I can give you the co-ordinates. We stayed there in the summer. At that time the pay place was heaving and we had the trailer so did not stand a chance of getting in. Our stop overlooks a huge complex of sporting venues. It isn't too far to walk (steps though) to nearby cafes and the bus to the centre is every. 5 mins. costing less than ÂŁ1.
The book says it looks the sort of place youths will gather but does not seem to be the case. No evidence of doughnuts. Spoke with a coach driver who had parked up. He said the company use the place frequently. The coaches are always left unattended overnight as the drivers use hotels. They have never had any problems.

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
The weather is gorgeous here in Portugal at the moment, bit of rain on Monday, but after that sunshine all the way.

Come on down.

If you want peace and quiet head to Camperstop Messines. We love it. Had wood stove going last couple of days, got washing done and dried. Plenty of sun for solar.

Nigel and Pamala

OP
OP
Malcolm Bolt

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
Sounds great.
The weather is gorgeous here in Portugal at the moment, bit of rain on Monday, but after that sunshine all the way.

Come on down.

If you want peace and quiet head to Camperstop Messines. We love it. Had wood stove going last couple of days, got washing done and dried. Plenty of sun for solar.

Nigel and Pamala

Now in Spain at Segorbe. We left the rain behind yesterday and passed the thick clouds this morning. Arrived here in full sunshine.
Not sure of the reason but the locals are building bonfires in the streets. piles of sand have been dumped in various location outside blocks of flats near parked cars etc. the sand is being formed into large hearths and large quantities of wood piled up in them. One guy did have an extinguisher though so I suppose all will be well.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
Sounds great.

Now in Spain at Segorbe. We left the rain behind yesterday and passed the thick clouds this morning. Arrived here in full sunshine.
Not sure of the reason but the locals are building bonfires in the streets. piles of sand have been dumped in various location outside blocks of flats near parked cars etc. the sand is being formed into large hearths and large quantities of wood piled up in them. One guy did have an extinguisher though so I suppose all will be well.

Lumbres de St Anton apparently

http://www.andalucia.com/festival/monthlyguide-jan.htm

A few Spanish caravans have just arrived at Rio Formosa, thought there might be a holiday or fiesta involved!:)

Microchip

Free Member
Apr 8, 2012
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2005
Don't want to hijack this thread but need some advice regarding Spain, is it necessary to get bail bonds when traveling through to get to Portugal.
Thanks,
Keith..

OP
OP
Malcolm Bolt

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011

kcy

Free Member
Nov 7, 2013
east yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chausson flash
Exp
since 2012
Enjoy your selfs
we may be down that way mid March if all goes well with hospitals
be nice to meet up again
Good luck with the hospital thing. I got my op appointment dateSo Asap after the 9th, Portugal here we come, two months later than normal. we haven't had a Yorkshire winter for three years now and got to say we haven't been missing much.

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
Good luck with the hospital thing. I got my op appointment dateSo Asap after the 9th, Portugal here we come, two months later than normal. we haven't had a Yorkshire winter for three years now and got to say we haven't been missing much.
I must admit that this morning looking out over Pennines to a load of white stuff
And then reading all posts on Morroco my blood pressure must be looking high

I am waiting for scan results from last week hopefully all clear then plans will be made
problem I have now is I got bored and took some work on for a couple of weeks that has now escalated to a couple of months
Will I never learn

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Lumbares Dr San Anton (16 January) celebrated slightly differently in the various Spanish provinces. It has developed into a semi religious event in many location based o a ceremony of blessing for domestic an
Sounds great.

Lumbares de San Anton (16 January) celebrated slightly differently in the various Spanish provinces. It has developed into a semi religious event in many location based on a ceremony of blessing for domestic animals. San Anton being the patron saint of animals in Spain.

Bryan

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Enjoying hearing of your travels Malcolm 7 Cathryn . How is the fridge freezer fairing ?

OP
OP
Malcolm Bolt

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
Lumbares Dr San Anton (16 January) celebrated slightly differently in the various Spanish provinces. It has developed into a semi religious event in many location based o a ceremony of blessing for domestic an

Lumbares de San Anton (16 January) celebrated slightly differently in the various Spanish provinces. It has developed into
Ta semi religious event in many location based on a ceremony of blessing for domestic animals. San Anton being the patron saint of animals in Spain.

Bryan

Lumbares de San Anton (16 January) celebrated slightly differently in the various Spanish provinces. It has developed into a semi religious event in many location based on a ceremony of blessing for domestic animals. San Anton being the patron saint of animals in Spain.

Bryan

Thanks Bryan.
I recall walking around Oliva (our next stop) one Sunday morning a few years ago and came across a church, doors open and people and animals inside and outside filling the square. Dogs and cats certainly but also mice, gerbils, rabbits and at least a monkey. There were a few goats and sheep and horses. Can't remember seeing any cows or pigs though. Ha ha.

OP
OP
Malcolm Bolt

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
Enjoying hearing of your travels Malcolm 7 Cathryn . How is the fridge freezer fairing ?

Hi.

The box is doing well. When set up to be just all freezer it does pull a fair bit of power but if we travelled every day or two we were able to keep the batteries topped up.
It is now nearly two weeks since we left home and have eaten well from the freezer. Yes we have enjoyed tapas but not as the main meal of the day. I have now got the box set up with only one third freezer and the rest fridge. It nows draws the same power when the compressor is running but it switches on much less frequently so nowhere near the same drain on the batteries. By the time we get to Benidorm all the frozen stuff will be eaten or in the main van fridge and the box can revert to it's main purpose - KEEPING THE BEER COLD.

Hope you manage to get on the way soon.

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Hi.

The box is doing well. When set up to be just all freezer it does pull a fair bit of power but if we travelled every day or two we were able to keep the batteries topped up.
It is now nearly two weeks since we left home and have eaten well from the freezer. Yes we have enjoyed tapas but not as the main meal of the day. I have now got the box set up with only one third freezer and the rest fridge. It nows draws the same power when the compressor is running but it switches on much less frequently so nowhere near the same drain on the batteries. By the time we get to Benidorm all the frozen stuff will be eaten or in the main van fridge and the box can revert to it's main purpose - KEEPING THE BEER COLD.

Hope you manage to get on the way soon.

gosh that two weeks have gone quick . thanks for the updateon the box so glad it worked ouy . Bill said enjoy the beer :) xxx

Deleted User
Well, we're on our way (wooooo hoooo) just got off the tunnel and are parked up in Bay Du Somme for the evening. :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back