Janecambridge

Free Member
Jan 14, 2019
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
3months
Any tips for a site for one night in or around Portsmouth for next day Brittany ferry.Will need to accept us after 8pm. Thank you.

OP
OP
J

Janecambridge

Free Member
Jan 14, 2019
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
3months
Park and sleep at port for next day ferry Teasy2007?

Arundel has no entry after 8pm.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
We have stayed at the port on the way out. This year we were attending a wedding at Chichester stayed at the RobertieLee campsite, basic but has hook ups it's grass too so not quite so good in this sort f weather. Have you looked for a pub stopover that could be an alternative.

Aug 5, 2017
Skelmersdale
Funster No
MH
RV WindSport 32A
Exp
5 years only
I have asked exact same question on RVOC forum (sister site) Answers I have are Concierge Camping and Kingfisher Caravan Park..... Kingfisher has a bar !!! When you going?

Jonno1103

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2017
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
F Line F70
Exp
Since 2012
We cross to France and Spain many times a year and always stay at the ports before a sailing.

If you do want a site, Dibbles Park caravan site is about 20/25 mins from PIP and caters for ferry travellers leaving at all hours. Top showers too!

Deleted User
Any tips for a site for one night in or around Portsmouth for next day Brittany ferry.Will need to accept us after 8pm. Thank you.

Dropped pin
Near Port Solent, Portsmouth

We use Port Solent and have a meal at 'spoons around the corner. Ring the number on the sign and book in or you could get a ticket. It's free and 15 minutes from the ferry.

OP
OP
J

Janecambridge

Free Member
Jan 14, 2019
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
3months
Thanks for the great response.Will take a good look today.
We won’t be arriving until 10 or 11pm ( March 3rd) and have a late morning sailing the next day.

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Dropped pin
Near Port Solent, Portsmouth

We use Port Solent and have a meal at 'spoons around the corner. Ring the number on the sign and book in or you could get a ticket. It's free and 15 minutes from the ferry.
Am a bit confused as to exactly where the parking for MHs is. The co-ords on Camper Contact 62645 show the entrance to a huge car park, however CC says there are only 5 places so I'm assuming it's in a smaller area perhaps away from the main car park. Could you explain exactly how to get to it. Thanks.

Deleted User
Am a bit confused as to exactly where the parking for MHs is. The co-ords on Camper Contact 62645 show the entrance to a huge car park, however CC says there are only 5 places so I'm assuming it's in a smaller area perhaps away from the main car park. Could you explain exactly how to get to it. Thanks.
I have used this several times even up to last Monday night. The place to park is exactly where my dropped pin is although I have not found any dedicated motorhome places there so I park across 2 places. If you park near the yacht compound the wind is loud blowing through the rigging. It's a large retail park with many bars and restaurants overlooking the marina. As you enter the carpark there is a sign with a number to phoned to book your van in. The operator will ask a few details such as registration number and your name and phone number. Access is from the old A27 main road and Port Solent is sign posted or copy the coordinates into your satnav.

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
I have used this several times even up to last Monday night. The place to park is exactly where my dropped pin is although I have not found any dedicated motorhome places there so I park across 2 places. If you park near the yacht compound the wind is loud blowing through the rigging. It's a large retail park with many bars and restaurants overlooking the marina. As you enter the carpark there is a sign with a number to phoned to book your van in. The operator will ask a few details such as registration number and your name and phone number. Access is from the old A27 main road and Port Solent is sign posted or copy the coordinates into your satnav.
Many thanks.

Jun 12, 2017
Telford
Funster No
MH
A class Pilote
Exp
Take a look at the Golden Lion in Southwick.
A great pub and fantastic landlord. EHU, water and toilets.
If your sailing on Wednesday there will be a live band on Tuesday evening .
Oh and the food is good!
20 mins from the docks.
I used it a couple of weeks ago and I couldn’t fault it.

A village also steeped in history which the landlord will update you on the finer details

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Take a look at the Golden Lion in Southwick.
A great pub and fantastic landlord. EHU, water and toilets.
If your sailing on Wednesday there will be a live band on Tuesday evening .
Oh and the food is good!
20 mins from the docks.
I used it a couple of weeks ago and I couldn’t fault it.

A village also steeped in history which the landlord will update you on the finer details

just come back from the village tea rooms with Mrs CC, it is also the village post office and shop?

we go there often for lunch and they do nice cakes.
076C3BA0-834A-48CB-8EC4-55C0F0458743.jpeg

Nice little village and it is where they had the command Center for the D Day landings have a big show on this year to celebrate

OP
OP
J

Janecambridge

Free Member
Jan 14, 2019
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
3months
We booked Chollers farm for Portsmouth ferry.CL site.Barnham Lane, Walberton, Arundel, West Sussex, BN18 0AX. .
Thank you everyone for your help.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back