Free Member
Mar 29, 2017
Fife
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest
Exp
Since 2014
We are sailing on an early ferry from Portsmouth to Spain next month. The port website suggests that we can park in the port in a specific place after 10pm. Does anyone know how strictly they apply the 10pm rule or could we arrive a bit earlier? Also, does it ever get full? I wouldn't like to have to search for somewhere else to overnight at 10pm!
I'd also welcome any advice on a budget hotel with parking in the Portsmouth area for the night we arrive back. It will be quite late and it would be easier to have a hotel stop before we set off home to Scotland!
Many thanks!

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
We normally arrive around midnight. There are often a few vans parked up at the sides. I think this is because they don't like you in the gate lanes until the last boarding has cleared. After that, you can park in the lanes. Never had a problem, only waking up with a man banging on the door saying we can check in now.

Deleted User
We have stopped at the Travelodge which is just off the roundabout outside the port but only with the pickup, not sure about a large motorhome but a PVC would be OK.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
We parked on our return, in the port, next to the 'anything to declare' place. Toilets, showers and a cafe (which opens in the morning). Not sure if it's still the same, this was March 14, the last time we came through.

Craig

Dec 29, 2012
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7066df
Exp
Since 2014
@Myrtle19. Last time I stayed at the docks overnight I arrived just after 10 and there were as least 20 motorhomes already there. If you are very early there is a large car park at Port Solent just before the ferry terminal with bars and restaurants.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
We have stopped at the Travelodge which is just off the roundabout outside the port but only with the pickup, not sure about a large motorhome but a PVC would be OK.
We stayed at the Travel Lodge when we came back last July but with our car. If I remember correctly the car park was behind the building and we had to go underneath part of the building to get to the back. Not very high. Normal car sized spaces.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
I have arrived as early as 6pm before. The security staff checked to see what sailing we were on and when we told them tomorrow morning we got a raised eyebrow look but nothing more. Normally we arrive after 8pm when there are usually a few vans already parked up.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back