Portsmouth ferry (1 Viewer)

Deleted User
Ok on the Portsmouth santander ferry are the meals included ?
bill

No, depending on which boat you use there are various options from expensive a la carte to self service which is reasonably priced.
We always take a kettle etc and a small coolbox with some food and try to only buy one meal onboard, need a continental adapter for the kettle.

On the Cap Finistere microwaves are available so can take frozen meals onboard and re heat, not sure about the other boats.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
Not the last time I travelled. Wish they were. I believe it is only HGV drivers who have a truck reservation that get meals included - maybe.

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
thanks folks might as well buy meals on bored then if we go
bill

Dec 28, 2015
lake district
Funster No
MH
low profile mh
Exp
Since 2015
Last time I went the proper restaurant was packed, had to book, and expensive, whilst the cafe was mediocre and quite expensive.

O, and the shop is dear too, if my memory is right Soberano brandy was an eye watering £18

jtp890

Free Member
May 16, 2014
wakefield
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7014
Exp
13 years on n off
10% discount for frequent traveller scheme and £8 contribution to breakfast, on main ferry, not applicable to "economy"

Deleted User
10% discount for frequent traveller scheme and £8 contribution to breakfast, on main ferry, not applicable to "economy"

As a Club Voyage France member I am still able to get 10% discount on the economie crossings to Spain but if my code is used as a guest of member then only 5%, at least on the example that I chose.
No breakfast allowance though but as guest of member that would not apply in any case.

Dec 28, 2015
lake district
Funster No
MH
low profile mh
Exp
Since 2015
We had a carvery type meal last week on the economy ferry to Bilbao and it was more than acceptable. Don't know about the Santander boats though. It was £16 for two.
It was Santander where we thought it was expensive. There was no carvery sadly

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back