Portpatrick, Scotland - Campsite Help Required (1 Viewer)

skylark_irl

Free Member
Mar 1, 2009
Dublin, Ireland
Funster No
MH
Alcove
Exp
Hi folks,

I don't know if anyone can help me, but I'm looking for some reviews of campsites in the Portpatrick area. A friend in work is looking to go there in July - a couple of 40 year olds and an 8 year old. They will be under canvas, and looking to bring a couple of dogs too. The campsites they found so far are:

Castle Bay
Galloway Holiday Park
South Port O'Spittal

Also - should they be looking to book in advance - or are they too late at this stage?

Any help would be much appreciated. :thumb:

Michael

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
We live not too far away but can't for the life of us remember which site is which. South Port o'Spittal is a few miles from Portpatrick. of the two others both are within walking distance of the village either buy the cliff path or the road. However, the best site is the one furthest from the village (only by a few yards). The other doesn't appear to be well kept. We think the best is Castle Bay, the most southerly, they always have a good number of tents during summer.

Advise your mate to phone and ask which is which, and the way the summer is going booking may be a good idea.

Rgds Bill:Cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
skylark_irl

skylark_irl

Free Member
Mar 1, 2009
Dublin, Ireland
Funster No
MH
Alcove
Exp
Hi Bill,

Thanks for the tip. I'll get him to phone and check out which is further from town and book.

Michael

bazfergy

Free Member
Apr 20, 2009
dumfries scotland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
5 years
Hi folks,

I don't know if anyone can help me, but I'm looking for some reviews of campsites in the Portpatrick area. A friend in work is looking to go there in July - a couple of 40 year olds and an 8 year old. They will be under canvas, and looking to bring a couple of dogs too. The campsites they found so far are:

Castle Bay
Galloway Holiday Park
South Port O'Spittal

Also - should they be looking to book in advance - or are they too late at this stage?

Any help would be much appreciated. :thumb:

Michael
hi michael i live in dumfries about 1-1.5hrs from port patrick, there are a couple of sites close enough to port patrick that cater for the adults and children, brighouse bay is about half an hour and the fishing is excellent if you like that there is nite life for adults and children:thumb:. But the closest site is galloway point, the prettiest site is new england bay which is a cc site, this ie where they filmed the series 2000 acres of sky, this site is about 20 mins from port patrick got a swimming pool,sports centre beautiful walking country. wherever you go you'll be impressed with the beauty of dumfries and galloway hope you and the family have a great time.bazfergy:Cool:

OP
OP
skylark_irl

skylark_irl

Free Member
Mar 1, 2009
Dublin, Ireland
Funster No
MH
Alcove
Exp
Hi Bazfergy,

Thanks for that - unfortunately, it's not me that's going to be enjoying the sites - but a colleague. I passed on your info and they're going to look at the options.

Really Helpful

Michael

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bazfergy

Free Member
Apr 20, 2009
dumfries scotland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
5 years
Hi Bazfergy,

Thanks for that - unfortunately, it's not me that's going to be enjoying the sites - but a colleague. I passed on your info and they're going to look at the options.

Really Helpful

Michael
not a problem mate tell your friends to have a good time:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back