Portable washing machines in MH (1 Viewer)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Not forgetting the 3 way freezer, 110 litre secondary fuel tank, outside dinning room suit, windbreaks, ramps, loungers, parasol, Gas BBQ, 2 X bottle jacks, spare wheel, wind turbine, mechanical tool box, electrical tool box, and all the rest of my must have, cant live without junk :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

You forgot the kennel for when you upset Pat :ROFLMAO:

Rapide561

Free Member
Aug 5, 2007
Leeds and Lake Garda
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Washer

Hi

I had a twin tub with a 2kg wash capacity - quite rare - great to use - OK for a duvet cover etc or a pair of jeans and a few smalls.

I TRIED a 1.5kg capacity one - these are often blue in colour - forget it - you need the larger wash drum.

I sold the 2.0 KG version and bought a 3.5kg one, it lives in the Link Broken

If I was buying again, it would be 2.0kg first, then the 3.5 and no way would I bother with a 1.5

The spinner is ace though better than a domestic machine.

Russell

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Hi

I had a twin tub with a 2kg wash capacity - quite rare - great to use - OK for a duvet cover etc or a pair of jeans and a few smalls.

I TRIED a 1.5kg capacity one - these are often blue in colour - forget it - you need the larger wash drum.

I sold the 2.0 KG version and bought a 3.5kg one, it lives in the Link Broken

If I was buying again, it would be 2.0kg first, then the 3.5 and no way would I bother with a 1.5

The spinner is ace though better than a domestic machine.

Russell

Yes we have the 2kg and we find it ok........if I had the room and and the weight allowance then the 3.5kg would be the better buy.....Great little lightweight machines:thumb:....if no site EHU...we use Honda 1kw and it hardly increases in revs from tick-over :thumb:::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
We watched a member on here ( Heyupluv ) using his in Portugal last year and went out and bought one whilst in the UK in Feb this year. We have used it loads of times as fits in the shower tray and waste water goes into gray tank. Savings are great and have used it on inverter ( with engine running ) and works fine. Depends on how much you are away in MH. Cannot remember name of model, but I sure Heyupluv will post on here soon.

I paid new around £59.00 in the uk NEW.....but here is some on ebay a lot more expensive...shop around ...mine was from a world of camping..a camping shop in the UK...this is the same as ours but of course NOT THAT PRICE !!! WOW
Link Removed
$T2eC16ZHJGsFFMeBMv4-BSOBtFtr8g~~60_12.JPG

These look like the new model BUT the weight might be more 12 to 13kg as opposed 7kg

They are about 130 watt to 150 watt motor in each the spinner and the washer so the use very little power we use ours most if not all the time out in the M/H...even if you hand wash a few items..just to use the spinner alone is great they are nearly dry when you take them out to hang out....worth there money:thumb::thumb:

this one is second hand...

Link Removed

Link Removed

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
A tip I have used for many years which even works in a car boot.

Get a gallon container with a lid. Chuck yer clothes in and some washing powder. Start the journey.

When you have finished the journey, all clothes nice and clean.

T'jobs a good 'un :Smile:

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
A tip I have used for many years which even works in a car boot.

Get a gallon container with a lid. Chuck yer clothes in and some washing powder. Start the journey.

When you have finished the journey, all clothes nice and clean.

T'jobs a good 'un :Smile:

and just wash your under wear when you shower use them like a wash cloth wring out hang up out to dry ::bigsmile:

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
My pennyworth on the subject of washing machines having lugged one around for years and now given it away is.
If you are using a washing machine you are more than likely to be using campsites, as they use water and electric. Most if not all modern campsites have laundry rooms. The problem is finding somewhere to put the damned washing machine when your not using it.

Hi
The only trouble with camp washing rooms is the inconsiderate dog owner who washes the dog bedding and leaves dog hairs waiting for the next unsuspecting user :Sad:, we have used these and fell foul of the dog hairs :Sad:, bought a twin tub about 3 years ago and other than Lynn blowing the pitch leci :Doh: with water she finds it better. Pete

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Man who rarely washes clothes rarely needs washing machine.

JJ :Cool:

PS. I know where the most expensive laundrette in Europe is... my fully furnished, hardly ever used, two bedroomed flat.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
I've just taken delivery of 6 of these. I have sold a lot of the twin tub machines and have had a number of people ask me for a smaller machine, so here it is. I won't put them on eBay for a couple of days to give Funsters first choice on them. They are £35.00 each with collection from Leeds. I only have 6 at the moment so first come first served!
mini washer.JPG

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
That's exactly what we used when we had a PVC. Even now we use the bucket with the lid on if we just want to wash some undies while we are travelling. Rinse on arrival and hang them out to dry. The washing machine stays in the garage until we stop somewhere we know we will be parked up for at least a couple of days.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Twin Tub Machine Lightweight. In it`s packaging to prevent damage, used to live in my old R-V basement locker. Now lives in the shed. As far as know it still works it had two seasons use at La Manga in 07/08 and coped very well. The best bit was I did`nt have to get up at the crack of dawn to get a Machine before the Germans!!. Problem now would be travelling it I guess. As Euro "R-V"`s Don`t have the space or payload!. It might get used again one day if we go back to the Med for the winter? in or on a trailer with the other "essentials" for long term stays, like the BIG sat dish, The (big) barbecue, the Car....................?

Pete

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
The answer is simple,

Day 1 Underpants on Normally,

Day 2 Underpants on Back to front

Day 3 Underpants on inside out Normally

Day 4 Underpants on inside out and Back to front

Day 5 Underpants thrown away.

Hence no dirty washing therefore no washing machine required.
Tried that. Now I dont wear pants, even better.
Commando Phil

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We're perfectly happy doing the washing in a bucket with the posser but it would be nice to have a small spin dryer sometimes.

dippingatoe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014
I seem to remember @dippingatoe had a washing machine fitted in her RV

Hi - yes I have. Mainly because there was a dressing table in the bedroom which I thought a total waste of space, and not moving about very well the thought of getting all the washing to the laundry room and back, especially as I am often parked a long way away because of Thebus size

Its not as good as it could be as being EU and the generator american I am not sure it will work properly and haven't risked it. Perhaps I should?

It is plumbed into the waste tank and I can do three quick wash full loads without refilling or emptying the tanks.

Its a narrow depth, but full size drum Candy

I generally only do the washing when I am on a campsite - preferably on a super pitch, but then I can put the slides out and have an airer inside.

Works for me, but there is plenty of space in an RV, even when its a small one like Thebus

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Spare a thought for us PVC owners...................We only have room for a bucket ..............
I am a PVC owner and have the twin tub. I love self builds where you design it for your needs :whistle:;)

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
I use a posser (antique one bought on Ebay) and a domestic spin drier. The drier spins so fast the clothes are virtually dry. You can rinse clothes in the spin drier too which makes things very quick and easy.

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
I have a silent direct drive full sized super washer installed beside the American fridge freezer. The tumble dryer is next to they beside the King sized triple bed next to the bedroom where the staff sleep ...

Don't really we have just a bucket and that does nicely .....!

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
Don't really we have just a bucket and that does nicely .....![/QUOTE]
all i can say is after a few 6months breaks abroad you might decide the twintub is great. have tried single tubs ,do carry a posser . do have a acme wringer , but the twintub is fantastic . use it outside when at the right places on a sunny day . its like having fun in the sun . 4-5 hours washing dried and put away .
my kids laugh at me they say i could start a camping museum with old tents ,camp stoves washing machines etc never mind my collection of sleeping bags etc oh and ally plates enamel plates and mugs . plus a collection or plastic ones never mind melamine .
and paraffin lamps ,gas lamps .
do you think it could catch on . ha ha .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back