Portable Washing Machine Wanted (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
In the end I got this little beauty from ebay for £50. Tried it out at home and it did a really good job, clothes almost dry when they came out the spinner. It fits in the shower tray in the van and will just about sit on the shelf at the back for the van when the shower is needed.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 52

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
In the end I got this little beauty from ebay for £50. Tried it out at home and it did a really good job, clothes almost dry when they came out the spinner. It fits in the shower tray in the van and will just about sit on the shelf at the back for the van when the shower is needed.

That's just like the one I used to have. Agree it spins really well. :thumb: Downside is that it uses a lot of water compared to the smaller versions. I got fed up with having to fill the van up with water after using it.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005

Well, you wanted a job so that's sorted now ....... you can take in laundry:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Well, you wanted a job so that's sorted now ....... you can take in laundry:thumb:

:ROFLMAO: very funny, let me think about that for a nano second. NO!

That's just like the one I used to have. Agree it spins really well. :thumb: Downside is that it uses a lot of water compared to the smaller versions. I got fed up with having to fill the van up with water after using it.

I may well get fed up of it too but I will give it a go anyway. I do have a slight advantage over you though Maz, Colin does all that sort of stuff for the van, emptying, filling etc, I just consume! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
I may well get fed up of too but I give it a go anyway. I do have a slight advantage over you though Maz, Colin does all that sort of stuff for the van, emptying, filling etc, I just consume! :ROFLMAO:

Just make sure you're parked next to the water tap then - otherwise you'll be driving to the filling point every day. ::bigsmile:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Great little machines we've had one for at least 7 years used it all over Europe.

Don't worry about the water it doesn't use that much and as our clothes are never really dirty we catch it in a bucket from the drain pipe and reuse it at least once.:Eeek::Eeek:

If its as good as ours you'll never regret buying it, if it isn't you'll get most of your money back second hand anyway.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
What I would love, and I have said many times before, is a small light weight wringer, not the kind that rings chami leathers out. But one you could ring a towel out with. Dont mind rubbing things through, but o for a wringer

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
What I would love, and I have said many times before, is a small light weight wringer, not the kind that rings chami leathers out. But one you could ring a towel out with. Dont mind rubbing things through, but o for a wringer

What about just a spinner?, wouldn't take up so much room as a twin tub?
It has a very small foot print so could travel in your bathroom.
Broken Link Removed

Last edited:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

Just found this on ebay, looks pretty big and is plastic so not toooooooo heavy!

Broken Link Removed

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Hmmmm, having a think about how to get a washer and spinner without electrical input that wouldn't take up a lot of room and not cost a packet, I remembered the 'spinning mop buckets' I'd seen before, so had a shuftie on Ebay and found this 'new' compact version:

Broken Link Removed

It would actually double up as a washing tub and a spinner for small items, easier than washing them out in the sink. First you'd given them a wash in the bucket, which has a spinning mechanism, you could then put them in the drier part and get the excess water out, then once all the washing is done change the water for clean and rinse the washing in the bucket then spin again in the drier part ... no need for lots and lots of water - you could even pour clean water over the washing in the drier as you spin ...

I'm sure it would be possible to adapt the mop head/handle to allow space to put the washing in the bucket and agitate it (make some sort of paddles?), and similarly still use the handle to rotate the basket in the drier part.

Watch the video and see what you think ... ::bigsmile:

mobic

Free Member
Oct 23, 2013
Linlithgow, West Lothian
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
5 years
Handraulic Washer

No leccie, minimal water, we got one marketed as ideal for student use. Looks like a butter churn. Put clothes in, pour in hot water, soap powder, screw lid on, remount into frame and then turn the handle.

We found that the blue n white twin tub uses quite a lot of water. Well, I say a lot but as I was the one sent for for the water.......

Mobic:ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back