• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

Portable mini hand-cranked washing machine - £50 (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
This is a 'vintage' pressure washing machine but, despite it's age, it has NEVER been used, consequently it is in excellent condition and the seal is perfect - I've even got the original instruction leaflet so no guessing how much water etc to put in. The 'only' fault with it, if it can be called that, is that the label on the front is creased! :rolleyes:

As the postage would be a bit due to the size I'd like £50 including P&P.

It is ideal for a motorhome, camper, caravan, camping, or for use at home if you only have a few items to wash so you can use this instead of your normal washing machine.

We bought this last year with the idea of taking it with us in the camper on longer trips to do our washing, however as we're now planning on taking a generator with us we'll need space for that so there's no point in keeping the washer when it's just gonna gather dust at home ... I may regret selling it but as we're hoping to move this year (downsize) some stuff just has to go! :D

This washer is quite a rare beast being a 'vintage' product made of good quality plastic, not one of the more modern ABS ones which are IMV more flimsy. You sometimes can pick up a vintage metal version but they are quite a bit heavier.

The clothes are cleaned due to the pressure created by the churning which forces the soapy water through them to lifts off the dirt. It is eco-friendly as it uses no electricity and is lightweight when empty. The frame can be removed to make it smaller for storage if required.

It doesn't require electricity ... just water and washing liquid/powder ... and a bit of elbow grease! :D

How to wash:
  • Put in the clothes (2.5kg load max - less for bulky items or those that will 'swell' when wet)
  • Add washing liquid and hot water (liquid is better as some powders don't dissolve well)
  • Put on the lid and twist the knob to clamp it down
  • Slot on the handle
  • Churn for up to 2 minutes (less if the clothes aren't very dirty)
  • Remove the clothes and wring out a bit
  • Empty out the water
  • Put in clean water, place the clothes back in and clamp the lid on
  • Churning again for 30 seconds to rinse them
  • Remove the clothes, hand-wring and hang up.
If you have more than one load to do, don't empty soapy water out of the drum after the first wash, instead just remove the clothes wring the water out back into the drum, then pop the next load in with more water/liquid as required, when you've done all your washes, then do the rinsing.

1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I could use that for knocking up my muck!! Lol
Don't even think about it :mad: ... I want it to go to a good home! :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
You sure do collect some stuff. Bet your place is like an Aladdin’s cave. :)

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
We had a wonderwash similar to that many moons ago, ;) but it was modern technology :) and Janie went back to her posser, and still uses one now, but this is her second one. :LOL: Bob.
20140626_120002_1.jpg

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
You sure do collect some stuff. Bet your place is like an Aladdin’s cave. :)
Not quite as much as we used to have, we've gradually been having a clear out over the last year so almost all the tents and camping equipment has gone so now we're turning our attention to 'our' bits and bobs. There will be more to come though! :D

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
This Minxy Girl type lady person sold me something very similar to that in 2013. Just how many has she got. :doh: :rofl: :clap2: :wink:

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
This Minxy Girl type lady person sold me something very similar to that in 2013. Just how many has she got. :doh: :rofl: :clap2: :wink:
Ah, you must've been the one who bought the Pressawash metal one ... brilliant kit hence why we bought the above when we saw it as they are rarely seen 'in the wild'! As I mentioned we bought the latter one with the intention of using it in our camper but it isn't gonna be so might as well let someone else have fun with it! :D2 Might be of interest to butter lovers ... possibly used as a churn ... but NOT for cement! :eek:

TCG

Jul 6, 2017
Salford Priors
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Ah, you must've been the one who bought the Pressawash metal one ... brilliant kit hence why we bought the above when we saw it as they are rarely seen 'in the wild'! As I mentioned we bought the latter one with the intention of using it in our camper but it isn't gonna be so might as well let someone else have fun with it! :D2 Might be of interest to butter lovers ... possibly used as a churn ... but NOT for cement! :eek:
could have a game of bingo with it though

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
... for those who don't want to 'exercise' whilst they churn, they could rig it up with a hamster wheel on the outside ... it would need to be a BIG hamster though! :LOL:

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
For those thinking about this, they are great for doing undies, socks and stuff, which need daily washing and what we use it for. Recommended. :)

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Im sorry Ian, but I have absolutely no idea what you are rattling on about. :blush:
Lol.

Previous post mike ,, you said. Last line,,

Many she has got!! Lol. Now that sounded like a quote from yoda in Star Wars,, many she has got! Lol.

So I answered with the same style quote from the Jedi ,( Alec guiness,).
This is not the droid you are looking for!!

Sorry for confusion,, I thought it was funny!

Somehow now I have explained it,, it doesn’t seem funny at all !! I suppose you had to be there!! Lol. Xx

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Ian, whatever you're smoking you'd better stop ... we can usually understand you but now you're talking gibberish ... :D ... well more than usual! :LOL:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back