Portable heater (1 Viewer)

Oct 21, 2018
Funster No
MH
Pilote
Exp
Hi, I am currently plugged in on site and using a (2nd)240v 2kw heater the original was sparking occasionally during use. I'm now using a newly purchased 2nd heater for the 1st time and its doing the same thing when it switches on and off with the thermostat. Heaters clean and nothing to do with dust, I'm being supplied with 16A which is plenty. I haven't used anything else 240v in the M.H. Any ideas what would cause this? Polarity, original wiring fault?
Cheers, Denzil

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
If it's just when the thermostat kicks in and turns the heater on or off, I think that's normal.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
A quality (expensive) heater may have a suppressor (capacitor) across the thermostat terminals to.... Well, suppress the spark.
Each time it sparks it will leave pitting on the contacts over time but its nothing to worry about.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
R
Oct 21, 2018
Funster No
MH
Pilote
Exp
Thanks for the responses but its definitely not normal, I shoulda said, there's also a bit of 'fizzing'. I left it running for a good half hour thinking it was nothing but seemed to be getting worse, plugwas also heating up

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back