Portable Hard Drive (1 Viewer)

Jan 29, 2014
Scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
July 2013
Hi all got myself a portable Hard drive 1tb for to download films onto or stream some one called it?
The only stream i know is the one i fish in:ROFLMAO:
As the last time i was away in Portugal no tv so films needed.
so how do i get films on, also a site to go on to get the films.
Step by step please as i am a Computer thickie.:Doh:
Laurie.
DO NOT REPLY TO THE ABOVE AS I HAVE THE ANSWER
Laurie

Last edited:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
i could tell you everything you need to do to download all the latest films, but that would not be fair to Jim. if you want to know more, pm me:winky:

Cookiedoodle

Free Member
May 3, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Newbie since May 2014
Oh no...I was hoping to Learn a lot from this thread!
I've just discovered that my tv (a Cello fitted when we bought the Motorhome last week) has a USB port and it looks like we might be able to record to it. We're away this weekend, so I'll have to wait until we're back home to experiment with it.

How big a hard drive would I need to store a couple of films and record a couple of programmers, and is it easy to achieve?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Oh no...I was hoping to Learn a lot from this thread!
I've just discovered that my tv (a Cello fitted when we bought the Motorhome last week) has a USB port and it looks like we might be able to record to it. We're away this weekend, so I'll have to wait until we're back home to experiment with it.

How big a hard drive would I need to store a couple of films and record a couple of programmers, and is it easy to achieve?

your tv will have a record function.

Just connect the memory stick/usb hard drive and press the record button.

I would think you can only record the program you are watching, with the tv on or on standby.....but i may be wrong.

Or....it may just be to watch pre-recorded programs.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
2 ways to do it.
Pirate download you will need a bit of techy know how to do this as most sites are blocked and it is ILLEGAL!

Rip DVD's you own - This is currently illegal but will soon be legal and I can't recall a single case where someone has been caught for doing this never mind prosecuted.

I prefer the second option because you are not stealing/depriving the creator, you get better quality rips and finally no risk of being done for piracy.

To rip DVD's you need some software like AnyDVD from slysoft and optionally a transcoder software such as handbrake ( http://handbrake.fr ) This is the setup I use.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back