Portable dining table. (1 Viewer)

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
We have used the Fiamma system on a tripod foot. Very easy to store and very stable. You could make it yourself and then get exact size of top that you want.
You buy the tripod base, the central pole and the boss to screw to table top separately. The central pole system better than having 4 legs to trip over.
Available here and lots of other suppliers
Thats what we use inside and out,,BUSBY.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I took ours out and we use a round table with tripod leg if it's just the 2 of us or a spare from a caravan if the grandkids travel with us. Both tables can be used outside but the big table is more stable

Jul 27, 2013
Wilts/Oxon border
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since childhood!
We have used the Fiamma system on a tripod foot. Very easy to store and very stable. You could make it yourself and then get exact size of top that you want.
You buy the tripod base, the central pole and the boss to screw to table top separately. The central pole system better than having 4 legs to trip over.
Available here and lots of other suppliers
Do you have a shorter pole for the table when on the tripod? I have the tripod, but I find that when the table is on it it's too high for comfortable eating off of.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Do you have a shorter pole for the table when on the tripod? I have the tripod, but I find that when the table is on it it's too high for comfortable eating off of.
I just missed getting a shorter pole when they used to be available. I do have a spare pole though and occasionally we get it out and discuss ways of cutting it down being mindful that the ends are chamfered in. When we used it with tripod it was outside and as we are both quite tall it was not too high.
Our current van has a slightly larger diameter pole (I have not been able to establish the make - it is corrugated aluminium) so it doesn’t fit our tripod and so we cannot use the table top outside. Not wanting to carry a second strong tabletop with boss and pole just to fit the tripod, we just carry a TV table to use outside.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I just missed getting a shorter pole when they used to be available. I do have a spare pole though and occasionally we get it out and discuss ways of cutting it down being mindful that the ends are chamfered in. When we used it with tripod it was outside and as we are both quite tall it was not too high.
Our current van has a slightly larger diameter pole (I have not been able to establish the make - it is corrugated aluminium) so it doesn’t fit our tripod and so we cannot use the table top outside. Not wanting to carry a second strong tabletop with boss and pole just to fit the tripod, we just carry a TV table to use outside.
They sell adjustable length legs for the fiamma system now
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-...0001&campid=5338547443&icep_item=233889891360

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
We took our Hymer one out (24 kilos approx) and bought a craft table. It's not very elegant, but it has multiple height settings and, if you cover it with a cloth, it's perfect. We use it inside and out at different height settings. It's something like this one but possibly the bigger version.

Screenshot_20210220-154806_Chrome.jpg

OP
OP
TUCANO
Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
Removed the offending table from the van, it weighs 20kgs. Eight screws to remove the top, six screws to remove the base from the floor, a firm tap and the job was done in ten minutes.
Could be trying the new table but missed the courier earlier damn, deafness is a bugger at times.

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
I agree and my elbows fall off ! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Rectangular good as you can turn it to suit how you are sitting when eating, or the other way if you want to walk past.
One of the advantages of the central pole system is that you can turn the top.
Did your father not tell you "no elbows on the table", mine did all the time :LOL:

OP
OP
TUCANO
Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
Replacement table arrived and very happy with it, weight gain of 14kgs as new portable table weighs 6kg against the original permanent ones 20kg.
Many thanks for peoples input here, stay safe all. (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back