Port grimaud (2 Viewers)

Jan 22, 2014
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Morning guys has any body camped near port grimaud in France.never been there wat is to see and do info would be great. Cheers

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
See yesterday's thread , five star in nice
I'll bump it up for you

goldenline

Free Member
Jun 6, 2012
Port Grimaud France
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Morning guys has any body camped near port grimaud in France.never been there wat is to see and do info would be great. Cheers
Hi
I have lived here for the last 27 years and had a buisness on les prairies de la mer until this year. Prairies is the most developed of the sites and has lots of onsite facilities (check riviera villages website) next to prairies there are 2 campsites camping de la plage and camping de mure both directly on the beach.There is also holiday marina which is nice site but not on the beach. The surrounding area is well worth the visit and port grimaud itself is beautiful. If you need any further info just contact me
Alan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Many years ago I used to deliver mobile homes to Prairies de la mer. Long before it became fashionable. I visited about 3 years ago and could not believe how the place had changed. When I first went there, the only restaurant was a Les Routier affectionately known as "The fat mans" which was just outside the campsite. The place now resembles Venice with prices to match.

goldenline

Free Member
Jun 6, 2012
Port Grimaud France
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Many years ago I used to deliver mobile homes to Prairies de la mer. Long before it became fashionable. I visited about 3 years ago and could not believe how the place had changed. When I first went there, the only restaurant was a Les Routier affectionately known as "The fat mans" which was just outside the campsite. The place now resembles Venice with prices to match.
You may well have delivered to me. The routier was a good restaurant we used it quite a lot in the winter as we had no time off when the site was open.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
You may well have delivered to me. The routier was a good restaurant we used it quite a lot in the winter as we had no time off when the site was open.

Ronny Stamp was the main man in those days. Must be almost 40 years ago now.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Stayed at Prairies de la Mer earlier in the year - they are an ACSI site so price was very reasonable for the excellent facilities. Most of the site is now covered with holiday chalets, but the M/H area is still quite big with a choice of shaded or not pitches (we managed to pitch up right in the middle of a German M/H Rally, but they made us welcome). Port Grimaud is through the side gate, there's a good on-site supermarket and the beaches are fine. Bus outside the gate takes about 25mins into St Tropez. Would stay there again.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Stayed at Prairies de la Mer earlier in the year - they are an ACSI site so price was very reasonable for the excellent facilities. Most of the site is now covered with holiday chalets, but the M/H area is still quite big with a choice of shaded or not pitches (we managed to pitch up right in the middle of a German M/H Rally, but they made us welcome). Port Grimaud is through the side gate, there's a good on-site supermarket and the beaches are fine. Bus outside the gate takes about 25mins into St Tropez. Would stay there again.
Yeah got the acsi book this morning saves about £50 on four days

Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
We stayed at Le Yotel at Cogolin Plage when we were visiting relatives there. Just a short step from Port Grimaud

goldenline

Free Member
Jun 6, 2012
Port Grimaud France
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
We stayed at Le Yotel at Cogolin Plage when we were visiting relatives there. Just a short step from Port Grimaud
Unfortunatley Yotel has been taken over by the owners of prairies and is now called Soko and there are no longer an emplacements for motorhomes

Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
Unfortunatley Yotel has been taken over by the owners of prairies and is now called Soko and there are no longer an emplacements for motorhomes
That is a pity - we could walk to my Sister in Laws apartment from there (and stagger back).

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Jealous doesn't come into it. Such happy memories o f here. You live there. How wonderful!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back