Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Were of to York and then Cromer next month. The site that we will be stopping at in Cromer is called Poppyland, not a particularley masculine name.:RollEyes:

Any how, this site only has ten pitches, has anybody been there, if so whats it like.

Jim
:Smile:

May 16, 2010
North Hykeham
Funster No
MH
Custom
Exp
much more now
I pinched this from the Camping UK site: June 2011

A lovely little site all round. The owner(s) couldn’t be more helpful, even offering an early morning newspaper delivery to my door. There is a small cabin offering lots of local info, and a few essentials (with honesty box), along with books and games to borrow.

The site is level with just fourteen pitches around the edge of a large sheltered field. As the tv reception is poor, there is a free co-ax on offer to tap into the site aerial, which is linked to each pitch up the left side of the field only.

So mention this if its important when booking. The showers/loos are clean enough, but the shower itself was a bit iffy till it got up to speed.

For peace and quiet, you wont find a more relaxing site, and being adults-only is a bonus! Its a place I plan to return to when in the area.

Thorpe Market is just a small cluster of houses, with no pub, shop, or anything. We went into the nearby village of South Repps - (1 mile away) which has a pub doing food (which we didn’t sample), and a store. We also visited nearby Roughton, (maybe a mile and a half) which has a pub and Malaysian restaurant, and fish-shop. There is also a petrol garage/Post Office store here.

There is a bus-stop outside the site which we used to go into Cromer. Here there were plenty of shops, but like most traditional sea-side resorts nowadays, is now looking a bit down-at-heel, but still worth a visit, as its not all ‘rock and chips’.

There are a number of smaller villages on the coast nearby, that are well worth a look-in, with miles of unspoilt beach’s.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back