Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Swansea
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
i`m a newbie
In google chrome pop up adds have started appearing all over the pages in last few days.
I ran full virus scan with microsoft essentials and deleted the 1 threat it found, i uninstalled everything not recognised that updated in last week, ran malware and c cleaner i also run ABP add blocker i even un/reinstalled google chrome !
The adds are gone but the empty boxes they used to be in are still showing up all over the pages.
How can i get rid completely ? there is one in particular in top right corner is a page peeled back a bit which to hit the X to close it opens first ?
I tried restore point but cant find it ?
Help please if you can thanks.

Lord Mac

Free Member
Feb 5, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I'm a newbie
I will be interested to see the replies as this has happened to me.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Ah well - that's interesting!

My PC is clockwork (ie a tad slow LOL) and MHF hasn't been loading at all well until today. I said to Pete I'm sure there's summat about it that isn't compatible, cos if I try to go on it, the internet just hangs.ormal' - so perhaps summat got in to Fun and Jim has locked it out again?

I've said for a long time I wonder if it's the Ads, because links people put on - here and on other Forums I infest - do the same thing as Fun was doing. The Daily Telegraph always does it but most others are OK.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
autoswan

autoswan

Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Swansea
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
i`m a newbie
It happens on a few different forum type sites i visit but not so much on the e bay, amazon and facebook pages.
I give up so I now log in using internet explorer which used to be slow which was why i switched to chrome in the first place but everything is fine so far using it instead of chrome. Maybe its a google/chrome problem ? theres always mozilla fire fox etc to use iff it goes pete tong again.

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
I had this same very problem last year, I ran AVG/Restart PC run AVG/Restart and so on an so on, also Microsoft essentials and god knows how many other programs that came recommended - none got rid until i came across someone on the net who had the same very problem and they were advised to install a program (which is free by the way) called RogueKiller, it found the culprit straight away and deleted it - however it did advise me to keep running it everyday for about 5 days as these bad viruses can still keep showing up after they had been deleted - i did exactly as advised and had no problems ever since (y)

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
the issue is that google track what you view and try to target you with adverts. forums are one of their favourite targets, especially those that represent a particular hobby etc

try uninstalling adblock plus and reinstall. then clear your cache shut down chrome and restart it

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
autoswan

autoswan

Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Swansea
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
i`m a newbie
Is rouge killer available on c-net or another supplier ?
I will try the suggestions here thanks.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back